Old 06-18-2019, 07:27 PM   #1

Hydraulic Slide Out Question

When you operate your hydraulic slide outs and they reach maximum open or closed position, does yours turn off completely? If I donít release the button immediately, once all are open/closed, the hydraulic system still tryís to move slide in or out making low whirring noise. To me, this would appear to stress the hydraulic seals and lines causing a rupture overtime. Why does the slide system not know when itís fully extended/retracted and not allow operator to over stress system?

I ask because my TT is at the dealer now getting a hydraulic line/seal fixed due to rupture. Just wondering about the quality of hydraulic components being used and can they withstand these stresses.

First time 5íer so trying to learn as much from you experienced campers as possible.

Thx

poolbug054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:25 PM   #2

On about any RV, the hydraulics have no pressure sensor to automatically shut off the pump. When your slides are fully extended or retracted and you hear a slight change in pitch from the motor, let off the switch. Holding down on the switch just causes the pump to continue to run and the bypass valve to open due to pressure build up. The hoses are rated above what the pumps max pressure capability is. The fittings all along the system are oring fittings and have a nut and flat washer arrangement that can be tightened down to eliminate most seeps or leaks assuming the oring has not blown out. Some have experienced hose failures over the years, but the percentage is very small considering the number of RV's produced. We make thousands of hoses at work and we too have a failure once in a while either at the crimp or with the hose material itself.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #3

Our dealer solved our problem. The problem was a pin hole leak in the hydraulic line. They replaced line, cleaned up the mess and replaced affected underbelly insulation. Weíre good to go with less than 2 weeks for our next camping trip.
poolbug054 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, slide, slide out