Old 11-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Have them do a leak test across the piston

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #12
On my 36 RE, the bed room slide would go out a few inches going down the road. Dealer told me I need to hold the switch for about 5 seconds longer after all slides are in and put good vacuum on the system. Worked for me.

MrAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #13
Be real careful with those 2 X 4's. If you forget to remove them, you will have bigger problems.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #14
Could be the check valve in the pump is leaking.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
Smile Slides moving out when using the level up system

We have a 2015 Cedar Creek 34RLSA. When we went to raise the level up to hookup to the truck all 3 slides started to open. No stopping them, it was impossible to raise the level up without the slides coming out. Called Lippert and they told me how to check the 3 valves with a allen wrench, which we tried with no success. I got a wrench that was flat enough to take the 1st valve off. When apart there was a 1 inch plastic thread stuck in the check valve. This had to come dislodged from the hydraulic oil reservoir. After removing the hair like piece of debris we reassembled the valve and everything worked fine. Lippert had told us to take it to the dealer as working on the valve under pressure is extremely dangerous. Agreed , but we were all packed and ready to leave for a camping and fishing trip. I believe when one of the check valves malfunctions it affects all the hydraulics as the fluid under pressure back flows to all the other valves.
rworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #16
Glad you got it repaired and it didn't ruin your trip. You would think that they would put a filter in there or a screen to stop anything like that. If I may ask what did they want you to check with the allen wrench you mentioned. Thanks for the info.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #17

If I remember correctly ( This happened last June ) the allen screws at the bottom of each valve hold the spring and check valve in place. Turning it counter clockwise would loosen spring pressure and allow to bleed the system if there was air in the system. The best when having a hydraulic problem whether level up or slide is to call Lippert directly. They are very helpful and their customer service very knowledgable of the pump and valves used in the system.
rworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #18
Our slides creep out when I have the selectors valves for the slides in the off position.

Tim and Bev
2013 Cedar Creek 34RLSA, Magnum 2800w inverter, 560w of solar.
2015 F-350
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

hydraulic, slide, slide out