Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #21

If it were me, I'd remove the pressure regulator and the water filter temporarily to see if the problem is resolved. If so, I'd add the pressure regulator and test again.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdcothran View Post
If you are using a pressure regulator, take the regulator off and try it.
x2

We've been to a KOA that had pressure regulators on their posts and combined with our pressure regulator water pressure was extremely low. We've also been to campgrounds with low water pressure and they told us not to use a pressure regulator.

You might be able to get a mobile mechanic out tomorrow so that your whole trip isn't ruined. Sorry about your problems.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #23
Site Team

The water heater valves will work in either direction for providing water under pressure. In one direction you will have hot water and in the other you will not. Are you saying there is no pressure in any faucet/toilet etc? Try opening the cold water ( blue) low point drain. Do you have water there?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:24 PM   #24

I bet all your faucet screens have debris.
ramsomair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:59 AM   #25
DSS

Is your hot water heater full of water? You may be just filling an empty water heater as a result you will have low water pressure at the faucets until the water heater is full.
DSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:04 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS View Post
Is your hot water heater full of water? You may be just filling an empty water heater as a result you will have low water pressure at the faucets until the water heater is full.
This has been going on for a couple days now. It doesn't take days to fill a WH...(6 gals)
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:11 AM   #27
DSS

Have you opened a hot water faucet to bleed the air out of the water heater?
DSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:21 AM   #28

Make certain your outside shower faucet is turned off. Check both hot and cold faucet handles.
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #29

If u r using a water reducer take it off bc if the water pressure is set to low at the campground then its making it worst .That happen to me in Hershey.Took mind off and then I was okay
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #30

The one thing that you did that was different than your previous setup was you changed the filter. It could be that the filter has to be installed in a certain direction, if so, it should have arrows showing the direction of the water flow. If no arrows, I would turn it around or remove it completely, then see what happens.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #31
CGK
Camping with Labs

Count me with those who believe the water pressure regulator would be the second place to check (with water pressure coming directly out of the campground water supply being the first). Install the regulator and run the water, allowing it to flow out of the other end of the hose (i.e. not connected to anything). If the flow is good, then check the screen where you attach the hose to the city water inlet. If clear, check to be sure that when you winterized the coach you returned the valve to the position that allows city water into the coach. In my TT, it's the same connection for the city water and the antifreeze - one has to move the valve into one of two positions to select water or antifreeze. If yours is similar and you didn't do that, or if it isn't completely set in one position or the other, you could have the issue you described. As others have suggested, running the pump could in effect bypass that issue. Hook up the hose to the coach and pressurize the system. Check the outside shower to ensure it is turned off and not leaking. Be sure the shower miser is turned off so water can flow through the shower head (or trickle through the shower head, as appears the case at the moment). Check the filter to ensure it is properly seated. If everything up to this point is a "go," look at each faucet strainer to be sure you didn't end up sucking the crud that accumulates in the hot water heater into the rest of the water system when you emptied the hot water heater during winterization (this can happen if you open the low point drains without first bypassing the hot water heater). Take notes of everything you tried and in what order and give us an update - this has to be pretty simple if everything was working fine before winterization.....it's just a matter of systematically looking at each of the possibilities so you can get to the culprit. Good luck!
CGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #32

I’ve had that problem with the inline water pressure regulator you might have at the inlet side of your fresh water hose. It’s usually brass and screws on between the supply faucet and your fresh water hose. You can try back flushing it or just replace it.
Your water flow into your trailer is way reduced. That’s why the flow increases with the water shut off but drops to very little when you turn the faucet on. You have something limiting the flow into your trailer
lesgemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #33
NXR

1. If you remove the hose from where it attaches to the RV and turn the campground faucet on, do you have good flow? If so the problem is definitely inside the RV.

2. Is there any chance that the winterization valve could be in the wrong position? Mine just diverts water going to the pump inlet to either the short winterization anti-freeze line or to the tank outlet but I have no idea how yours works. Or if you even have one.

3. If you turn the City Water off and turn the water pump on (assuming there is some water in the fresh water tank), do you have adequate flow? If there is no water in the fresh water tank I'd add a couple of minute's worth for this test.

BTW, there usually is an inlet screen right at the City Water connection. On the other side of the City Water connection there usually is a backflow prevention valve. If everything works when using the fresh water tank the problem almost has to be right in this area.

This should not be a difficult problem to diagnose so the OP does not have to pay at or wait for the dealer.

Ray
Old 11-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #34

I embarrassed myself in Daytona. After whining about low flow and pressure, I came back to the camper to find track employee holding my clogged inlet screen.
He had replaced it for me and Schazam! Full presure and flow.
Lesson learned. �� shame
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:02 PM   #35
New to FR. Old to TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGolfBum View Post
I removed the filter for winterizing. But I installed a new one. I might try water supply at a sight next to me.
Check to make sure that you put the filter in the right direction, could be blocking the full flow but will allow pressure and volume to fill the lines when you shut off the faucet.
Tall frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
I embarrassed myself in Daytona. After whining about low flow and pressure, I came back to the camper to find track employee holding my clogged inlet screen.
He had replaced it for me and Schazam! Full presure and flow.
Lesson learned. �� shame

I would have to agree. What the OP is explaining is that the water pressure is OK and then drops off. That is typical for a mesh screen filter. When water pressure is on, sediment builds up on the filter and water pressure goes down. When there is no pressure, the sediment falls from the screen. And the cycle repeats. A faulty back-flow valve will also cause these symptoms.

Texas, carefully go back over everything you did. Do not skate over anything. Instead study it to make sure. In one of my finer moments, we connected to the hydrant and couldn't figure our the lack of pressure. DW came to the rescue and said she saw water under the RV. Turned out that I forgot to close a winterizing valve. The water was running our from underneath where we couldn't see it or hear it. The ground was sand and the water just filtered into the ground. It was so simple and yet dumb on my part. This incident happened on our first trip out after de-winterizing.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
x2

We've been to a KOA that had pressure regulators on their posts and combined with our pressure regulator water pressure was extremely low. We've also been to campgrounds with low water pressure and they told us not to use a pressure regulator.

You might be able to get a mobile mechanic out tomorrow so that your whole trip isn't ruined. Sorry about your problems.

What you may have seen is back flow valves hooked to each water connection as they are required to have them. We have County Health Inspectors come through our parks twice a year to make sure we have back flow valves on all our water hook ups and that RV's have there sewer properly hooked up.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
What you may have seen is back flow valves hooked to each water connection as they are required to have them. We have County Health Inspectors come through our parks twice a year to make sure we have back flow valves on all our water hook ups and that RV's have there sewer properly hooked up.
I believe you are correct -- back-flow preventers.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:10 PM   #39

Pressure

Try taking the water pressure regular off and try it. They do go bad as they are also anti-backflow valves. They usually let loose and spray when they go bad, but I had one do what you described.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
I understand what you're saying and we've seen those back flow valves. These were actual water pressure regulators... which if we weren't in a hurry we would have noticed. We discovered the duplicate regulators when we were checking for no water pressure. Took off our regulator and the problem was solved.

Tags
water, pressure