Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #41
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

I think he stirred up sediment from his water heater somehow and it has clogged up a point that is common to all the outlets.
I'd put the WH into bypass mode, open the low point drains, remove the check valve at the city water inlet then get a "water thief" and go to the kitchen faucet and put water into the system. Give it a backflush.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #42

winterize

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGolfBum View Post
Living in central Texas we have never needed to winterize our 2012 Forest River 5th wheel. Well we did anyway and now we are out in it the water pressure starts out strong but then to a trickle. Turn it off wait 30 seconds or so and pressure is back for short spell.

I have gone through everything and NOTHING works. Here is my valve settings so maybe these are wrong. So frustrating I sure hope someone can help me.

Attachment 219984

Realize I'm getting in on this late. If you've remedied the problem disregard.

The picture of your valves does not show all of them.
Here are valve positions for winter and summer.

Winter:

Summer:

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:59 PM   #43

I had a similar issue once and it ended up being my Y connector that was restricting the flow. I would get pressure when I turned on the water but it would fall off quickly. The Y ball valve was smaller and restricted how much water could get through. I had good flow but not good enough. I didnt really notice until we used the shower. The same happens when you clog the screen on the trailer. I removed the Y and everything was normal. Anything new in this setup vs previous times? Different hose, new connection, new elbow or filter?

Pressure and flow are two different things like voltage and current. Pressure will give you good flow for a short time but if flow is restricted then pressure cannot always overcome the problem.

Hope you figure it out. Let us know for the next guy who comes asking.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #44

Have you tried to remove the screens from the faucet. I have seen where the anode rod particle have blocked these and caused restrictions. You may need a pair of channel locks to remove these and clean them.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #45

It's been a week since he reported the problem. Hope he got it resolved.
'09 Rockwood Roo 233s
'03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.
popeye59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:23 PM   #46
Site Team

No. It does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGolfBum View Post
Are you sayin my fresh water tank needs water in it even though I'm using city water services?

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #47
Dustmaker

I had a similar problem last spring with water restriction issue where I had great pressure when first opening up a faucet but the pressure and flow fell off quickly. Unlike the OP, my issue was with the fresh water feed and water pump. I understand the OP's issue is with city water feed but the problem I found with my issue could that the OP could look at if all of the other suggestions have been tried and no resolution found. My issue turned out to be the hose coming from the fresh water tank feeding the water pump had kinked back upon itself thus restricting water flow. Of course this would be a different hose in the OP's case but something that he could look at. Here is a picture of what my problem turned out to be (and I removed the kinked section and put an elbow in place to prevent the problem from happening again). Good luck finding your restriction wherever it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2209.HEIC.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	220205  
Dustmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #48

Low water pressure

Have you tried cleaning the filter on the water pump? I found mine full of pink jelly.
Joeandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, pressure