Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #1

I picked up my new SB 37BH!!!

Well the walk through was great. Learnt how to use the level up system and only having one button for the slides.

I put on a Tri-glide and a new 20k Reese hitch with 20 lbs of air in the airbags and she towed like a dream. I could not get over how nice it towed.

My dealer, Minards Leisure out of Weyburn Sask is just wonderful to work with. I cant say enough about how they operate. Susan and Gene are first class proprietor's!!!

I really love the trailer its feels better built and I think it will be a great unit. I had a 31" Jayco TT then I bought a Open Range 5ver (395 BHS) and when I compare each coach to my SB it seems to be everything Cedar Creek promises. I only had 2 items that need to be replaced, one panel on the double wide fridge is messed up and a wall board behind the sink is damaged. I am very picky, for comparison I had a list of 19 items on the Open Range with 3 large structural issues. Minards is very respectfull to my concerns and have ordered all the parts for when we do the year end debrief and will fix them once I get back from Florida to see Mickey and friends in July.

I have a few issues with the design.
-Main bathroom faucet its liveable but just annoying
-The slide bottoms need to be improved and get rid of the "canvas bags" on the bottom. For a 50k+ trailer that's really low brow. I am sure this will be a repair item.
-The sound system has no sub... WTF????
-Outside kitchen should have a burner set.
-12" super sofa is a little cheap and should be more robust. It reminds me of a Red Green sofa with its OSP showing when you move it around.
-The tables have no specific storage area. One has to find a spot anywhere in the coach and hope like hell they don't move and damage the trailer. There should be a purpose built area for storage for when you travel.

The only options I didn't get was central vac, I kept my Dyson from the Open Range and duel pane windows otherwise I have every option available. I see no value in the window upgrade because I don't full time and for 2k extra I can wipe up few water droplets. The extra noise is fine by me because I have three crazy loud kids and well its camping. Hearing kids and all the hustle bustle is what I expect and want. LOL

I hope the pics work

I cant wait to go camping!!!!!
SKGCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

On the faucets, we changed ALL of ours. Lowes has a nice Moen that swivels, almost like a mini kitchen faucet. That's what we put in the master bath. On the slides, if you haven't seen or heard of them, go ahead and put the plastic wear strips / glides under each end. The darco "canvas bag" will wear and tear, and rot the exposed wood floor from water running underneath in a rain if not caught soon (Watch the water run down the walls when it rains). Dealer should know about those strips, otherwise I can send you pictures. Yep, sound system not so great. Our outdoor kitchen, is used as a storage shed for misc. items. We prefer a real south Louisiana outdoor stove. Not a mini kitchen. On the dual pane windows, get a dehumidifier from lowes, or where ever, and you won't see the first sweating window.

Mods, check out my photo album. Problem a few you might consider, like the converter, water heater switch and other items.

Congrads on your SB.

One last note: check your bedroom slide T-Moldings on the outside for proper sealant. Mine's at the dealer now with a molded rotting floor. 4 months old.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Plain Old Member

Oh, we have the built in Dirt Devil vacuum, and I think you'll be more happy with your Dyson. Though some like the built in unit, I just as well use our nice Dyson where 1, it works way better, and 2, I don't have to drag the hose around.

Now, if they'd have put the Dirt Devil built in dust pan kit with it, I'd probably use it. We had the dust pan that you turn on with your foot in other units and that was great. I could add it, but just use the Dyson instead.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote