Old 04-11-2015, 07:54 AM   #1

Ice maker

I got my weight on my sink faucet. And it works great. Now I have a problem with our Westinghouse 20 cubic refrigerator ice maker. The first batch of ice that it makes comes out as water and freezes as a block in the tray, but the ice cubes after is ok. As I clean out the block and start ice again, it repeats the same cycle. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm sure it's a Westinghouse problem not a Forest River.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemerrill View Post
I got my weight on my sink faucet. And it works great. Now I have a problem with our Westinghouse 20 cubic refrigerator ice maker. The first batch of ice that it makes comes out as water and freezes as a block in the tray, but the ice cubes after is ok. As I clean out the block and start ice again, it repeats the same cycle. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm sure it's a Westinghouse problem not a Forest River.

Sorry wrong observation. The ice maker makes ice cubes first then they melt in the tray. The melted ice cubes then re freeze into a block of ice as the new ice cubes fall on the block of ice. Those will melt and re freeze to make the block of ice thicker. So it appears that some how the refrigerator shuts off for a time then starts again. Not good if we buy ice cream )-: and this didn't start until we received our CC back from the factory after fixing another problem. Before that ice maker made perfect ice cubes. First we thought that maybe the light bulb in freezer wouldn't shut off but it does. And why would the freezer re freeze the ice if it was the bulb. So that wasn't it. We are so puzzled. Don't NEED ice cream but sure miss it (-:

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #3

This sounds like this is a residential refrigerator powered by an inverter? What could be happening is it is being powered by an inverter, the inverter is overheating and shutting down allowing fridge to defrost then after the inverter cools off it comes back on and the ref. refreezes. I suggest looking into the power supply to the ref. and determining why the power is cycling on/off.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #4

Wow thank you so much. That sounds reasonable. I'll let you know what we find out.