Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #1

Ice maker shut off valve

A friend just got a 36ckts and wants to know if there is or could there be a shut off valve installed for the ice maker. He has a hard time winterizing it and with the warmer weather wanted to use the water again but did not due to the difficulty he had winterizing, thanks for any info
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #2

I have read posts from other folks that there is a valve on the ice maker water line. Believe on the 36ckts, it is just forward of the front axle on the driver side.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #3

I would bet that it is under the sink and tapped off of the cold water PEX line. Mine is behind a kitchen drawer. There has to be a valve since the PEX is 1/2" and the reefer water line is 1/4 polyethylene. I doubt if it is under the TT since it would freeze there.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #4

Mine was under the slide out just behind the rear wheel. It is a 1/4 inch line that went up into the slide. On the line is a push pull valve just before the line enters into slide out.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:26 AM   #5

Thanks all we did find a valve near the axles on the driver side and feel that is it.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #6

The valve on my 36ckts is a push/pull type. I believe that with the valve in the pushed in position is open, it is marked on the head. If he has a whirlpool residential fridge there is a good thread on here on how to cycle the icemaker through to winterrize.
lakeozarkguy is offline   Reply With Quote