Old 05-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #11

I don't want to change the subject but how high is your uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance do you carry on your tow vehicle? It's a shame you have to have it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:46 PM   #12
Site Team

We had Liberty Mutual for years. Never had a problem with them, but then our premium kept going up every year so we shopped around and decided to go with a local State Farm agent. They may be cheaper but we've had TONS of problems with them getting our information and billing correct.

They kept getting our old trailer and our new trailer mixed up. They somehow had one of our vehicles on the policy twice. Then when they cancelled one of them the loan company for our trailer (Bank of the West) somehow thought we cancelled our trailer coverage. That took 2 or 3 phone calls to finally get sorted out. There's probably a few more things I'm forgetting.

Cheaper doesn't always mean better.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #13

I have had good luck with Farm Bureau insurance, last year I was asking something about my premium and I told them I had a accident with the camper and I was going to pay for it out of my pocket to keep my rate from going up and was told if it was under, I think $1200 then it would not cause the rate to go up, so they fixed the camper

Old 05-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
We had Liberty Mutual for years. Never had a problem with them, but then our premium kept going up every year so we shopped around and decided to go with a local State Farm agent. They may be cheaper but we've had TONS of problems with them getting our information and billing correct.

They kept getting our old trailer and our new trailer mixed up. They somehow had one of our vehicles on the policy twice. Then when they cancelled one of them the loan company for our trailer (Bank of the West) somehow thought we cancelled our trailer coverage. That took 2 or 3 phone calls to finally get sorted out. There's probably a few more things I'm forgetting.

Cheaper doesn't always mean better.

I have my camper financed with Bank of the West and I could be wrong but I think Bank of the West and Good Sam is connective somehow, I had the same problem and I think I smell a rat. Bank of the West would like for you to use Good Sam insurance

Old 05-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #15

Tolerance for risk

I posted earlier. However, State Farm, which we have had for 40 years and multi car, would not come close to other quotes. ( National General)

Lots of factors go into policy ratings from risk.

Make some calls, determine your personal out of pocket at risk for a deductible and make a decision you can live with. For me, $1000 is ok. Live and store in a low HAIL area, no flood zone. BUT, on my previous 2011 Keystone, $1200 out of pocket for $3300 blowout!! Your choice.
Stuff happens!!
Old 05-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #16

National General

Forgot: my $1,000 deductible goes down 25% each year claim free until $0 and stays there until an issue and claim and reverts back to $1,000, etc.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #17

Good Sam quoted ~800, Travelers ~550. Similar policy but GSam had a full replacement value instead of market value. Otherwise not too different,
Old 05-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #18

Thanks so much for all the info.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:49 PM   #19

We have AAA (Auto, Home, and on our Silverback) the annual on the trailer isnt nearly what your being asked. I dont have the policy handy at the moment. not to mention that our AAA premier roadside includes 200 mile RV towing not just the normal passenger vechicle