Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
ltf

Thumbs up Interested in 36CKTS or 36RE

We attended the Fort Worth RV show and the Cedar Creek 36CKTS was very impressive. It compared very favorably with other higher priced units. What options would you recommend? Is there a MSRP price list available.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Full Timer

We ordered ours with all of them and they are all great, except I would say don't waste your money on the bike rack hitch its flimsy, For sure get the 18 cu. ft. Stainless Steel Electric Refrigerator w/ Inverter, which is the house frig, heat pumps are really nice works down to 30, Trump mattress has held up good and is a dream to get into every night, 2nd air I fell is a must, if you want awning toppers make sure to get the metal covering option for them, Auto Leveling makes traveling a breeze, Air ride hitch helps the trailer ride a lot better, double pane windows help alot in the summer and winter, the full body paint keeps glean really good. Like I said we like them all, it's a matter of how much you want to spend.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
ltf

Thanks for the information. Yes - the second air is a must. Is it also a heat pump if you order the heat pump option? I am warming up to the full body paint. After eight years the decals on our Terry are really shabby so I hope the full body paint gets rid of all the peel and stick accents.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Full Timer

Its all paint, no decal with the full body paint explorer package, they will paint it any colors you want also if you want to change it, with the 2nd air and heat pump option yes they both are heat pumps

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #5

We ordered a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS at the Hershey RV Show. We picked it up in November and took it down to Disney World also in November. We love it and it worked without any problems other than a broke light fixture. The light fixture was replaced by Forest River.

We have the Touring Edition with the full body paint, main cabin heat pump, 2nd air conditioner up front, trail air hitch, bike hitch, auto leveling, and trump king size bed.

I did notice the pin weight is heavier than our 2007 Cardinal 34QS. We haven't weighed it yet, but I noticed the F350 dually lowered a little more.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

I just ordered the Cedar Creek 36CKTS at the New Jersey RV show. This fifth wheel stood out among everything at the show. The pearl package is Hot! I am tired of the old white that gets dirty so easily. The frameless windows are a plus and look sleek. I added the second AC unit and the stackable washer and dryer. Delivery is in approximately 6 weeks. The only thing I wish is that they installed electric and a cable connection inside the storage area along with a TV mount arm which i may try and do on my own. Good luck with making your choice!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #7

get the CKTS had both in the past 3 years, tv viewing is unpleasant in the RE
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #8

Yes, the RE doesn't have any seating looking straight at the tv so I did go with the ckts. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #9

We got our 2013 36CKTS with 2nd A/C, thermopane windows, 6 pt. level-up, Trump king size mattress, extra 110A/C electrical outlet on the opposite side of the coach above the docking station, and the Trail Air shock absorbing king pin. Ours has the refrigerator with double style French doors and cherry wood front liners - it has plenty of space for my wife and I. This coach is very nice and we are looking forward to many years of enjoying it.

And I agree with the others that recommend forward viewing the the TV. It is much nicer than having the TV at the rear of the coach as in the 36CKTS. Our previous coach was a Silverback 29RE and it did have the rear TV. I'd vote for the 36CKTS hands down.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #10

Docking station on opposite side?

Have you taken delivery yet?

I'm trying to find out the specs of the Trump king mattress!
Best of luck and happy camping!