Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
ltf

Thumbs up Interested in 36CKTS or 36RE

We attended the Fort Worth RV show and the Cedar Creek 36CKTS was very impressive. It compared very favorably with other higher priced units. What options would you recommend? Is there a MSRP price list available.
ltf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Full Timer

We ordered ours with all of them and they are all great, except I would say don't waste your money on the bike rack hitch its flimsy, For sure get the 18 cu. ft. Stainless Steel Electric Refrigerator w/ Inverter, which is the house frig, heat pumps are really nice works down to 30, Trump mattress has held up good and is a dream to get into every night, 2nd air I fell is a must, if you want awning toppers make sure to get the metal covering option for them, Auto Leveling makes traveling a breeze, Air ride hitch helps the trailer ride a lot better, double pane windows help alot in the summer and winter, the full body paint keeps glean really good. Like I said we like them all, it's a matter of how much you want to spend.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
ltf

Thanks for the information. Yes - the second air is a must. Is it also a heat pump if you order the heat pump option? I am warming up to the full body paint. After eight years the decals on our Terry are really shabby so I hope the full body paint gets rid of all the peel and stick accents.
ltf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Full Timer

Its all paint, no decal with the full body paint explorer package, they will paint it any colors you want also if you want to change it, with the 2nd air and heat pump option yes they both are heat pumps

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #5

We ordered a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS at the Hershey RV Show. We picked it up in November and took it down to Disney World also in November. We love it and it worked without any problems other than a broke light fixture. The light fixture was replaced by Forest River.

We have the Touring Edition with the full body paint, main cabin heat pump, 2nd air conditioner up front, trail air hitch, bike hitch, auto leveling, and trump king size bed.

I did notice the pin weight is heavier than our 2007 Cardinal 34QS. We haven't weighed it yet, but I noticed the F350 dually lowered a little more.
MDCRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

I just ordered the Cedar Creek 36CKTS at the New Jersey RV show. This fifth wheel stood out among everything at the show. The pearl package is Hot! I am tired of the old white that gets dirty so easily. The frameless windows are a plus and look sleek. I added the second AC unit and the stackable washer and dryer. Delivery is in approximately 6 weeks. The only thing I wish is that they installed electric and a cable connection inside the storage area along with a TV mount arm which i may try and do on my own. Good luck with making your choice!
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #7

get the CKTS had both in the past 3 years, tv viewing is unpleasant in the RE
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #8

Yes, the RE doesn't have any seating looking straight at the tv so I did go with the ckts. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #9

We got our 2013 36CKTS with 2nd A/C, thermopane windows, 6 pt. level-up, Trump king size mattress, extra 110A/C electrical outlet on the opposite side of the coach above the docking station, and the Trail Air shock absorbing king pin. Ours has the refrigerator with double style French doors and cherry wood front liners - it has plenty of space for my wife and I. This coach is very nice and we are looking forward to many years of enjoying it.

And I agree with the others that recommend forward viewing the the TV. It is much nicer than having the TV at the rear of the coach as in the 36CKTS. Our previous coach was a Silverback 29RE and it did have the rear TV. I'd vote for the 36CKTS hands down.
Tenbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #10

Docking station on opposite side?

Have you taken delivery yet?

I'm trying to find out the specs of the Trump king mattress!
Best of luck and happy camping!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #11
Full Timer

I don't know what specs you were looking for on that mattress, I can tell you it's great. When we toured the factory she told me a lot of the workers buy them for their house, I am 6'4 240lbs mattress normally develop dips from me in a quick amount of time, and I buy high end mattress because I want to sleep good. This thing still makes love to my body when I get in it and no dips and its been 8 months.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #12

Just wondering thickness of mattress to know what sheets will fit.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
Full Timer

around 11"

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #14

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #15

We are using Regular King size sheets without any problems on our Mattress. Seems to fit ok even though it is an RV king size.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38FLCamper View Post
We are using Regular King size sheets without any problems on our Mattress. Seems to fit ok even though it is an RV king size.
I don't know if you saw it on the other post I left but the wife found that on the mattress pad and fitted sheet they fit even better turning them the other way

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
We got ours with the bells & whistles sans awning toppers caused with the wind we get around TX the seem to generate more noise than anything else. With the crappy roads you'll pull it down, the TrailAir pin box will save you many aches & pains plus save your coach chassis to boot! Forget the bike hitch unless your an avid Armstrong type, you can do better in the after market or local welding shop.

We're livin & lovin our creek (2013 36 CKTS). Pulled her almost 11,000 miles & spent 15 weeks in her the first 10 months. We have about 8800 miles planed so far for this year.

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #18

We want to go next week to order our 36ckts but still not sure what to get in it and if its a good unit sounds to me like you really love it as well as some of the others that have commented we were not going to get the 2nd AC but sounds like it is worth it not sure what to do? Help
Mrs. Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
CCRVOC

We looked at allot of 5ers over the last 3 years. To us, the CC appears to be the biggest bang for the buck. Just under the high end 5ers... I like the exterior wall construction and overall fit and finish. There is room around the bed even with the king bed. Plus space for everyday stuff, like trash cans, and a laundry hamper. We ordered a 36 CKTS last week. Got the 9cuft fridge, DW likes the extra pantry space, plus I want 4ea 6volt batteries to run the coach not the fridge. Conv Oven, Heat pump, 2nd AC, Stacked W/D, 80" sofa, 6 point leveling, Slide toppers w/cvr, Trump King mattress, Trail Air, rear bike hitch, Thermopane windows., extra carpet padding.

Can't wait to get it.......
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #20
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Clean View Post
We want to go next week to order our 36ckts but still not sure what to get in it and if its a good unit sounds to me like you really love it as well as some of the others that have commented we were not going to get the 2nd AC but sounds like it is worth it not sure what to do? Help
What you "need" depends on what type of usage you plan and where you plan to use it. When we bought ours we were not planning to move to SW FL. If we knew that, we would have thermal panes. We did know we were camping in hot climates so we got the bdrm AC. Overall, the Creek is a good choice for comfort and cost. Whatever you get, enjoy.