Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #1

Interesting changes to the 34 RLSA

I am always interested in how the RV industry seems to change things from one production run to another. The Cedar Creek 34 RLSA that I just purchased was manufactured a little over 60 days ago in mid April. In looking at dealer photos of a recently listed 34 RLSA, looks like they have made some changes to the entertainment center and eliminated the window on the left side of the unit. Added the Corian cover to the stove top and changed the back splash.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Seems like 99% of the time when we've bought or ordered a unit, some cool change or upgrade takes place AFTER we got ours. On one occasion though, one showed up with upgrades we didn't know existed. On our Forester, they started doing LED lights on the interior, dimmer switches and the awning LED light strip. Saw this in Indiana at the factory just months after I bought ours, and of course said dang, wish we would've got that.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
I am always interested in how the RV industry seems to change things from one production run to another. The Cedar Creek 34 RLSA that I just purchased was manufactured a little over 60 days ago in mid April. In looking at dealer photos of a recently listed 34 RLSA, looks like they have made some changes to the entertainment center and eliminated the window on the left side of the unit. Added the Corian cover to the stove top and changed the back splash.
This is the very reason I try to stop looking once I purchase. Emphasis on try. I wonder if they changed the radio.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Plain Old Member

Av8orLou, guess I need to start trying that. Problem is, I go to RV lots more than Walmart to feed my addiction to these things, and to keep up with the industry. The 5 or 6 lots I frequent, it's gotten to where I just get the "Hi, how you doing today, you know where they're all at" instead of "how can we help you". Even though this will be our last motorhome as we're going back to fifth wheels, I still look at diesel pushers and everything else. It's a no win situation I guess.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Av8orLou, guess I need to start trying that. Problem is, I go to RV lots more than Walmart to feed my addiction to these things, and to keep up with the industry. The 5 or 6 lots I frequent, it's gotten to where I just get the "Hi, how you doing today, you know where they're all at" instead of "how can we help you". Even though this will be our last motorhome as we're going back to fifth wheels, I still look at diesel pushers and everything else. It's a no win situation I guess.
Sounds like you have a serious addiction there. Seems like you might need to go to RVers Anonymous. Lol. My name is Bob and I can't stop looking at RV'S. Yes it is a problem many of us have.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #6

Dang me! Guess we should have waited a couple of months. Nice changes, IMO.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Plain Old Member

That's funny. Just like some people come up with excuses to do things, go hunt, fish, shop or whatever, I'll need a "part" or "something" from the dealer, or just be going to a strategically located walmart or store, then ease in the "well why we're here right near the dealer lets take a look". My wife goes along with it and laughs, but seldom do I admit what I'm really after from the get go. Don't get me wrong, she likes to look to, just not near as much. Good thing the RVers Anonymous doesn't exist or I'd probably be admitted by my other half. My son is on my team with these operations, my wife and daughter just go with the flow.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #8

Yup. Same here. I wish I could have gotten the LED lights. The incandescent lamps draw so much current and produce so much heat, that I decided to change all of mine to LED. It would have cost over $600.00 at Camping World prices, but I did it for just over $100.00 through E-Bay. I replaced 43 light bulbs at 1.4 amps per bulb! I aimed my laser thermometer at one of the light fixtures with the old lamps and it measured 140 degrees. I guess I should check one now with the LED's because someone will ask!

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Plain Old Member

Joe, a little off the subject, but curious as to how you like the Ford and how well it's doing with your set up. We've had 2 previous ford diesel duallies and loved them, but those were a 2003 and 2007. Sold ours when we got into the motorhome business, regret it now as I'm going to need another one soon. Fixing to order a new lariat like in your signature to pull the "probably fixing to order" CC 36B4 when the motorhome is sold.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #10

John,
I love my F-350. It pulls the CC like a dream. I just had my two son-in-laws video the bike and trike rack that I built while I was towing the CC. Just for grins, I jumped on the accelerator and left him in my dust. He had to accelerate his F-150 really hard to catch up. I haven't towed in the mountains yet, but I have no doubt that it will do well. I have no complaints.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote