Old 09-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
We finally ended up ordering 3 from Forest River so we'd know they matched. Unfortunately the package only contained one, despite 3 being listed on packing slip, so the saga continues.

Gary & Diane
Eastern Shore of Virginia
2015 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
ESVA Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #12
Site Team
Originally Posted by ESVA Travelers View Post
We picked up our 2015 36CKTS in July and are overall extremely happy with the quality and our dealer experience (Tom Johnson's, Concord NC) so far. Only two things really bugged us (me) - both were "built in" issues and I'm wandering if its just me or if other's experienced the same thing. The first is the stupidity of putting in a standard Fantastic Fan in the bathroom that requires anyone turning it on be at least 6' tall to reach the knob. We ended up replacing it with a remote controlled one before we left the dealer. The other option offered was a stick with a device on the end to grasp the knob. Really? $80,000 and you need a stick to turn on the vent fan?
My other issue is with the installation of the kitchen backsplash. The metallic "tile" installation stops about 3-4" short of reaching the top of the under cabinet area. Fine if you are standing up all the time, you don't see it. But anywhere I sit in the LR or dining area, that 6' long swath of bare wall is like a magnet for my eyes. I will be contacting FR to see if we can obtain a few sheets of matching matrial to finish the area properly. If not, we will get some coordinating Smart Tiles to do the job. Has anyone else noticed or been bothered by this? Again, they just took the cheap way out and saved a little labor and materials where it doesn't immediately show.
Overall, the rig is great and if those are the worse issues we have, we will be thrilled.
Did you noticed those issues before your brought it or afterwards when you had spent more time in it? You made valid points and I can relate.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #13
We have a 2014 36ckts and had the same issue with the bathroom fan. I, being 6'5" don't have a real problem reaching the knob. My bride however, only 5' at best and on a good day, can't reach it. I agree that a remote switch should have been installed at the factory. We had issues with the cheap plastic guide for the barn type bathroom door pulling from the wall and allowing the door to swing away from the wall. I changed their design after asking the dealer to correct it. I used a small piece of wood and mounted the brace to the floor rather than the wall. As the old saying goes - it don't move now. Honestly, I haven't noticed the tiles in the kitchen back splash. We purchased large clear plastic cutting boards and mounted them on the walls around the stove to protect the walls from greasy residue. This works very well.
dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #14
What about no outside vent for the microwave??????
Know what would possess them to leave that out???
It would probably cost them $10..
I don't think people that design them are RV'ers.
They should have a group of "full timers" come in and review before they build them.
Imagine that!!!!
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
On the 32RL C/C that I just brought it came with a microwave vent and guess what I can't get to open, yep the vent. I already have a few little things to take care of, just minor things. The deadbolt lock doesn't work, they did not leave out any room for the bolt. We have a good looking camper, I like a queen size bed, we have a king.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote