Old 06-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #1

Issues

Hello I don't know what to do I am hoping someone can give me some help...I bought a 2019 cedar creek 38fbd from Terry town rv and had it delivered in April of 18...it had a number of issues that the dealer and the manufacturer addressed it just took 7 months to get parts and then it was another 3 months before it was actually used...the fireplace doesn't heat...the toilets don't hold water...the underbelly storage leaks when it rains...I have contacted forest river and the only response is they are not willing to pay more than 15 minutes to replace the board in the fireplace and 30 minutes to replace the seals in the toilets...I have never gotten a supervisor to respond...I have contacted Denise Davis numerous times and no response...I could use some help please

Frustrated 38fbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:08 AM   #2

I am sorry for your troubles... We were lucky and haven't had enough issues to talk about.
There is a FR person who kinda watches the forum and maybe they will post here a link to getting some issues resolved.
If the toilets are Dometic... As I understand they are very helpful with the toilet issues. Contact them directly

Address1120 N. Main Street
Elkhart, IN 46514
Emailcustomersupportcenter@dometic.com
Phone800-544-4881

The fireplace is a subject I see a lot of grief. I think Blackstone/Riverstone/Waterstone or something like that makes most of them. Contact them as I have heard they sent a new units to customers.

The water leak would be my main priority... water is the enemy to an RV. seal missing/pinched, sealant on door??, running down wall??.

Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #3

Sorry to hear of your troubles. We had just a couple of issues and our dealer was great.
The fireplaces have been a high failure item and I'm not up on the status of them. Since I have a 2012 model, mine is quite different. I found that the high temperature cut off was not getting enough air flow. I modified my cabinet to cure that.
The seals in the toilets do not like to dry out. At the beginning of each season, I fill the bowl with water and pour in a bit of vegetable oil. Maybe about a quarter of a cup. A few hours later and they are good.
Check seals and door fit for your storage area.

Good luck and happy camping!

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #4

Unfortunately for you they have no obligation to come to you for warranty. It is a "Mobile" unit so it is expected to be brought in for repairs, just like your car or a portable radio/computer.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #5

Call an independent, service only RV repair shop. Some are mobile, some are not. Most handle warranty claims. The ones we have used handle the claim for you, meaning they get authorization from FR and handle reimbursement. And they know how to talk to FR to ensure a higher probability of them covering the repair costs via warranty.
You should have a much better, and faster, experience than going through any dealer.
God luck!
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
Unfortunately for you they have no obligation to come to you for warranty. It is a "Mobile" unit so it is expected to be brought in for repairs, just like your car or a portable radio/computer.
Not true. If you're under warranty, you can use a mobile RV tech for warranty work. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Frustrated 38fbd,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:50 PM   #8

Frustrated

To everyone that responded thank you very much for the helpful feedback I will contact FR through the direct contact they sent on the forum and see what happens.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #9

Thank you for the information and contact info