Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

I would also contact customer service at the factory.

Get them to quote. You will know it was done right.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 PM   #22

Not with the trailer so it doesn’t officially count, but hit a pole at the ATM with the TV. Not much of a ding but it still hurts.
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnman View Post
Not with the trailer so it doesn’t officially count, but hit a pole at the ATM with the TV. Not much of a ding but it still hurts.
I am going to disagree, if you hit something with your trailer while moving it goes against you auto insurance not your camper insurance.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #24

Thought I was the only one. A few years back we were fueling up at a remote station on our way home from New Orleans. Pulled away from the pump and felt something but the wife was sure it was just something shifting in the bed of the truck. Next fuel stop I did my usual walk around while she took the dog for a stroll, got to the left rear of the Denali 5th wheel and almost puked. The jack, quarter panel and end of bumper were crunched. What we felt was the left rear of the camper hitting the pretty yellow post by the fuel pump. The previous station we fueled at had a very small parking area and the pumps were very close to that area not leaving much room to get on our way. Lesson learned and luckily I was able to order the quarter panel and replace it myself.
badger5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:23 AM   #25

Heartbreaker. I like the "Tail Swinger Club" sticker. It's not a matter of if you'll swing out and hit something; it's a matter of when.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:43 AM   #26

BTDT. Last year. 1/4 mile from the first stop on the second time taking a big trip on a month getaway. Christmas Eve. This was more lame than others I've read. Tried to pull into a QuickCheck pump but as I was pulling around, they closed the last pump. Had to swing around again and aimed for an interior pump. Kinda forgot what I was pulling and hit the cement pole on a basement door. That's pretty far up and not even close to a rear hit. That took some work this summer. Had to fabricate something to replace the frame that was destroyed. Needed a completely new door. I'm hoping I don't do that again, but ya nevah know.
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #27

I hit that big, yellow, steel post that doesn't give, at the storage yard gate. I drove up close to punch in the code but forgot to back up and then go in. We just picked it up at the dealer and hadn't even used it yet. Brought it back to the dealer to have the damaged fixed after I stood around at the storage yard and yelled and screamed at myself and then tried to explain what happened, to my wife. Paid for the damage out of my pocket instead of going through insurance. An expensive lesson. Oh, just to let you know, that steel, yellow post left tell tale paint on the trailer and I couldn't hide it by standing in front of the damage.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #28

Pulling into gas stations is why I have a extra fuel tank. But I still manage to hit things, pulling out of Ocean Lakes campground in Myrtle Beach go to close to a little yellow post. DW said I think you hit the post I said no way. Stopped at a rest area, that when I saw it, I was lucky I didn’t take out the steps on the Cedar Creek. A thousand bucks
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #29

Same deal. Needed fuel pulled into a gas station with truck and 35’ TT. Had to turn sharp and hit yellow post with left side of trailer. I just happened to look into my mirror at the same time i was scraping the paint off the TT. I hit the brakes and had to backup and take a wider stab at it. The damage was already done. Truck stops only now. I also traded for a fifth wheel. Turns tighter.
Jim & peg. Jake the camper dog. RIP my friend. 01-11-2010 / 02-26-2020. 2018 flagstaff 8528ikws fifth wheel pushing 2014 f-150 eco-boost super crew. 2017 camped 14 weeks. 2018 4 months in texas. 2019 4 months in texas. 2019 21 days in michigan. 2019 2 months in arizona. 2020 4 months in arizona. U.S. Air Force Retired. 100% DAV
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote