Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #1

Jensen TV and Audio System

We have a 2014 Cedar Creek 32RL. Our TV does not play sound through the audio system speakers only through the TV speakers when watching OTA channels. DVDs play sound through the audio system speakers. How do we get OTA TV channels to play through the audio system speakers?

Second question: We know there are speakers next to the audio system and think there might be other speakers but do not know where they are or how to make them work.

Thank you for any and all assistance.
Bbbarker194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Here is a link to your manuals on-line: Manuals & Guides
You will need the model numbers for your specific units.
You may need to add an "audio in" cable to the DVD/Radio. Im thinking the speaker selection will be found in the setup menu.

Your stereo unit should have rear speakers in the ceiling over the seating. There is probably a sub woofer under the cabinet by the TV.
If your unit has a fancy sound bar, you may not have any other speakers.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #3

I have the manuals and cannot find anything that helps. There are no rear speakers in the ceiling and no sound bar. The tv is one that goes down into a cabinet behind the fireplace and audio system. I can see that the tv has RCA cables in the audio out, but cannot determine what they are connected to. I do have two outdoor speakers, but cannot find any other speakers than the ones beside the audio system inside the RV.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Can you post a picture of your audio system if you cant find the model number?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:48 PM   #5

The audio system is the AWM968. I have the manual for it and for the Jensen TV 14 series.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:28 AM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

OK, According to the manuals for your electronics, you must connect the Audio Out left and right RCA plugs on the back of your TV to the Audio In left and right RCA plugs on the back of your Radio/DVD player. Then, by selecting Aud on the radio remote (button 25) you should be able to route the TV audio thru the radio speakers. You can then use the audio set up on the TV to turm off the TV speakers.

Your radio has 3 speaker pair selections. A,B and C. You do not have center speaker functionallity nor do you have surround sound. You can connect rear speakers and wire them to the existing harness on the radio. You can then use the built in fader to adjust speaker pair volume. However, it appears that you can only select one of the 3 options at a time. So, assuming your inside speakers are on A, you must wire rear speakers to the A circuit. B is probably your outside pair and C would then be unused. The radio would most likely have to be removed to wire additional speakers or connect the audio in on the back if you cannot get to it.

If you want real sound you might want to take a look at this:
Concertone ZX800
Its a 12v system for that real "Boondocking" experience.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #7

Duckogram,

Thanks so much. The audio out on my TV menu is greyed out. There are audio out cables that run into what appears to be the cabinet which contains the fireplace. I would have to remove the radio to access the back of it. It sounds like trying to get the TV to play through the stereo might be more trouble than it is worth.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #8

TV audio

The previous reply is almost corect. All you need is a patch cord with RCA plugs on one end to attach to TV out sound and a 2.5 mm stereo plug on the other end that plugs into the front jack on the Jenson unit. You will need to cyle to Aux 3 input and then you will have TV audio thru the house speakers!

Backpacker
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glfillion View Post
The previous reply is almost corect. All you need is a patch cord with RCA plugs on one end to attach to TV out sound and a 2.5 mm stereo plug on the other end that plugs into the front jack on the Jenson unit. You will need to cyle to Aux 3 input and then you will have TV audio thru the house speakers!

Backpacker
Yep. That should work however it is very "UnCreeker Like". You would have to unplug to lower the TV as well. (well, maybe not if you don't mind smashing the patch cord.)
Old 04-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbbarker194 View Post
Duckogram,

Thanks so much. The audio out on my TV menu is greyed out. There are audio out cables that run into what appears to be the cabinet which contains the fireplace. I would have to remove the radio to access the back of it. It sounds like trying to get the TV to play through the stereo might be more trouble than it is worth.
If you already have audio out cables then it may already be connected. Have you tried the Aud button?
Old 04-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Jensen TV audio systems do not play through the DVD system unless you directly plug your audio out to the Jensen unit, like glfillon describes. no way around it.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #12

On my 30RL Cedar Creek you could play the TV thu the speakers but first you had to turn off your TV sound in the TV. I don't understand why I can't do the same thing with my 32RL. When I use the Direct TV satellite I can play with the speakers on and not the TV speakers on. It's a wiring thing I know

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #13

I agree with Duck the cable to the front seems pretty tacky. Nothing happens when I push the AUD button on the audio remote.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #14
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
On my 30RL Cedar Creek you could play the TV thu the speakers but first you had to turn off your TV sound in the TV. I don't understand why I can't do the same thing with my 32RL. When I use the Direct TV satellite I can play with the speakers on and not the TV speakers on. It's a wiring thing I know
Hmmm, Maybe there has been a change in the functionallity of the stereo. My experience is 4 years old so it is very possible. But one would think that audio out is audio out and audio in is audio in.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #15

The external cable is a bit sloppy but it works. People, you have to understand that the Jensen head unit has nothing to do with the playing of the TV. It only plays radio and DVD's! To get sound out of the TV and pipe it thru the house spekers, you need to rout the output of the TV to an input on the head unit. Doing it my way eliminates tearing out the unit from the wall and dealing with the rat's nest of wires behind it.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #16

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbbarker194 View Post
We have a 2014 Cedar Creek 32RL. Our TV does not play sound through the audio system speakers only through the TV speakers when watching OTA channels. DVDs play sound through the audio system speakers. How do we get OTA TV channels to play through the audio system speakers?

Second question: We know there are speakers next to the audio system and think there might be other speakers but do not know where they are or how to make them work.

Thank you for any and all assistance.
Hi We have a 2015 32RL and had the same Problem. We got it fixed with a Jensen Tech. If you e-mail ( techsupport@asaelectronics.com ask for Lon Ancheta ) This is though Jensen. He got me working perfect. Good Luck
saltlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #17

I have a question on this could you not use a sound bar for the TV sound only portion? Also does the Jensen TV have a optical digital audio output for the TV?

We have on order a 34RL and we just received the Vin # so I will be able to check this out soon to see if my idea will work? I also had the dealer install a MORryde TV mounting bracket (TV1-006) for the TV; so we can swivel the TV for better viewing from the theater seating.

Thanks foyour help in advance.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #18

You can use a sound bar but you will still have to direct the TV sound output to it, as well as dealing with the power plug for it and finding a place to support it. Secondly, most TV's these days have all four outputs: cable, component (left, right, video), HDMI and optical if it is a quality unit, so that shouldn't be an issue unless Jensen decided to cut some corners!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by glfillion View Post
You can use a sound bar but you will still have to direct the TV sound output to it, as well as dealing with the power plug for it and finding a place to support it. Secondly, most TV's these days have all four outputs: cable, component (left, right, video), HDMI and optical if it is a quality unit, so that shouldn't be an issue unless Jensen decided to cut some corners!

Jensen does not have a optical, it has 3 HDMI slots, I think the cable is a HDMI slot, at least when you use satellite it does. I know that with a sound bar you can cut the sound off in the tv and play the sound bar , I have done that but first you have to go in the menu in the TV and then go to audio go down to sound and cut it off then back to menu and then go to setup go down to audio out and that could not be in fixed. I plan to mount mine between the top of the TV and the cabinet or else buy a Bluetooth and not worry about the cables

Old 04-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlake View Post
Hi We have a 2015 32RL and had the same Problem. We got it fixed with a Jensen Tech. If you e-mail ( techsupport@asaelectronics.com ask for Lon Ancheta ) This is though Jensen. He got me working perfect. Good Luck

Thanks, I will talk to someone there, I am at a lost

Tags
jensen