Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #1

Jensen tv Reprogram

At the Florida campground we're at, I've rescanned both tvs to the cable system a few times. When done, the tv comes up on ch 2. To get any other channels I have to scroll up or down. When I input a channel, I goes back to 2, regardless of what channel I started on. Tv is selected to cable, booster is off. Any suggestions? The campground says it's my problem.
stesmi52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
2018 Cottage CCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stesmi52 View Post
At the Florida campground we're at, I've rescanned both tvs to the cable system a few times. When done, the tv comes up on ch 2. To get any other channels I have to scroll up or down. When I input a channel, I goes back to 2, regardless of what channel I started on. Tv is selected to cable, booster is off. Any suggestions? The campground says it's my problem.
We are having this same issue. It seems to be a "Jensen" problem - possibly others. However, several other brands I've personally checked in our park work correctly but all Jensens I've seen, do NOT. The park is using a "Dish Smart Box" system.

I've been in contact with ASA Electronics for several months now, and they state it is NOT a warranty issue, but a "compatibility" issue.

Your "C-List" will let you navigate to other channels. Or, you can try one of the "converter boxes" sold by Amazon, Walmart, etc. We've tried them, they do work, but are not very user friendly.

Good luck.

Full-timers since 1999
2018 Cedar Creek Cottage: August 2017
Located: Arizona
Cottage_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #3

Have you tried going into menu setting the tv to cable, scrolling down to cable system and changing from auto to IRC or HRC to see if that makes a difference. We had to do this at a campground in Maine that used Dish, I believe we needed to change to IRC.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Have you tried going into menu setting the tv to cable, scrolling down to cable system and changing from auto to IRC or HRC to see if that makes a difference. We had to do this at a campground in Maine that used Dish, I believe we needed to change to IRC.
Tried HRC, but not IRC yet.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Tried HRC, but not IRC yet.
Tried IRC and STD, no improvement.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
2018 Cottage CCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Interesting. Was this a "Smart Dish Box" or standard Dish system? Those settings and more were tried by me while on the phone with their tech, and nothing worked. Perhaps you have an older Jensen - might be a clue?

The "Smart Dish Box" apparently re-maps channels, separating "logical" channels, with "physical" channels and can be re-assigned to a unique number that is different than the HD numbers.

An example of the TV brands I checked in our park that work correctly - 4 entered on a remote does work. Jensen TV's cannot use the remote to go directly to channel 4, it goes to channel 2 as OP indicates. Using up/down channel will get you to channel 4. Using the "C-List" will get you channel 4. You cannot use the previous channel button (recall / back, or whatever your remote calls it) to go to the proper channel with Jensen - other TV brands (that I checked) do go to proper channel.

If anyone finds a solution that works, please post. I think this is a firmware / software issue that hopefully can be resolved at some point.

Full-timers since 1999
Old 02-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #7

This may not be totally related. Or it MIGHT be. Not sure.

With my regular H24 Direct receiver, I can program the remote to do all functions. But when I use my Genie Receiver, I can only get that remote (it's different) to turn tv on. It will NOT change volume or turn it off. I tried every Jensen code combo, and every one said "not found".

SO, if your cable/satellite/etc remote is not communicating with the Jensen TV, it won't matter what you try........so maybe (?????) pushing buttons on the box rather than the remote would work...........??

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #8

Jensen tv Reprogram

Cottage_Owner I am sorry I can't answer your question. This was 2 years ago, but it was with our current RV 2016 33IK, that was built mid 2015.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #9
2018 Cottage CCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

With my regular H24 Direct receiver, I can program the remote to do all functions. But when I use my Genie Receiver, I can only get that remote (it's different) to turn tv on. It will NOT change volume or turn it off. I tried every Jensen code combo, and every one said "not found".

SO, if your cable/satellite/etc remote is not communicating with the Jensen TV, it won't matter what you try........so maybe (?????) pushing buttons on the box rather than the remote would work...........??
Thanks for trying to help, appreciate the input. Our problem is that you cannot go directly to another channel directly via remote. Up/down does work. If you enter a channel number on the remote, the TV does NOT go to the correct channel - that cannot be done directly with the box as it either goes up or down, no option to enter the number - unless I'm mis-understanding what you are saying...

Full-timers since 1999
Old 02-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottage_Owner View Post
Thanks for trying to help, appreciate the input. Our problem is that you cannot go directly to another channel directly via remote. Up/down does work. If you enter a channel number on the remote, the TV does NOT go to the correct channel - that cannot be done directly with the box as it either goes up or down, no option to enter the number - unless I'm mis-understanding what you are saying...
For us, we are connected to the campground cable system via coax. No cable box needed. We are trying to select channels with the tv remote, and always goes back to 2.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
2018 Cottage CCK

Quote:
For us, we are connected to the campground cable system via coax. No cable box needed. We are trying to select channels with the tv remote, and always goes back to 2.
Yes, that's exactly what is happening here as well. I have no solution except as previously stated. To be clear, the "Dish Smart Box" is located in the park office and the signal is distributed throughout the park via co-ax cable to all the sites. There are no boxes at any of the sites. I've given up trying to get this resolved by the manufacturer and/or distributor. Only solution is what I've previously stated. Good luck. If you ever find a fix, please post it.

Full-timers since 1999
Old 02-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

Hi I have a 33IK and I use Direct TV. I tried to program the remote when I set it up but could not, I tried all the codes in the Directv book and nothing worked. I then called Jensen and they told me that Jensen does not have any codes built into their sets. I have to use the TV remote for pwr on/off and volume and the diretv remote to change channels. What code did you use?
Twincamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:54 PM   #13

I don't know. I just did the manual "Try this one, then that one, then that one, etc" till I got to the end.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 02-14-2018, 07:28 AM   #14

So.... Has anyone else been able to program their remotes?
Twincamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #15

2013 CKTS
Jensen TV

I programed my DirecTv remote, works fine....
I used the code #'s 11299.....
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzoo View Post
2013 CKTS
Jensen TV

I programed my DirecTv remote, works fine....
I used the code #'s 11299.....
Again.....I can program my remote with the Direct TV H24 receiver just fine. It's the GENIE receiver that I cannot program the remote for.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 02-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #17

Belay my last! LOL

I just tried again, and lost everything. Remote wouldn't work at all. I got online, followed directions to restart it, and somehow it now works totally with this tv. I have NO clue what I did.........but I didn't actually enter any digits at all. It just want through "Trying Code 1", "Trying Code 2", and 3 worked.

Magic, I guess.

FROG AR-0019-242

Tags
jensen