Old 04-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #11

I though I may have a lone problem build unit, based on this forum it sounds more like the norm verses exception.

jwakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #12
Site Team

Lots of posts here about RV quality problems and questions as to how they can be tolerated. The best way to send a message to the factory and dealers is to refuse the unit. There is another thread here about a dealer problem on a new unit and the buyer walked, he found the same unit elsewhere at his price and is very happy. Ask for another one and check elsewhere. Make it clear that you are rejecting the delivery due to the damage. That might be needed when you ask for your deposit back.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #13

I do not have a CC but I do want to post that I think you did the right thing by walking away if for only a little while.

Stick to your guns and make sure they do it right.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #14

I just want to add that not ALL folks (& probably not even a majority of folks) are unhappy with their CC. We have loved both of our Forest River RVs, even though each had some challenges. Our XLR had some build issues that were fixed under warranty as did our Silverback. But overall, we haven't had any major issues that Forest River has not fixed.

We just crossed over a year in our Silverback...only thing bugging me right now is a tough-to-pull black water tank valve.

Happy folks... speak UP! I'm sympathetic to folks who have issues but the sky is NOT falling!
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #15

We had good luck with our 30RL CC and so far the 32RL has been great. The Wildcat Sterling that I ordered from the factory was built on a Monday by a bunch of drunks but so far the CC has been great and so has the service that I have received from the factory. The 30RL CC we put more than 10,000 miles on it and never had any problems out of the China tires but with the tires I did buy a TPMS and a surge suppressor for the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2u View Post
I just want to add that not ALL folks (& probably not even a majority of folks) are unhappy with their CC. We have loved both of our Forest River RVs, even though each had some challenges. Our XLR had some build issues that were fixed under warranty as did our Silverback. But overall, we haven't had any major issues that Forest River has not fixed.

We just crossed over a year in our Silverback...only thing bugging me right now is a tough-to-pull black water tank valve.

Happy folks... speak UP! I'm sympathetic to folks who have issues but the sky is NOT falling!
We had trouble with a hard to pull Black water cable it finally broke. Had trouble with black water leaking by also. Dealer put a "patch fix " on and finally had to get everything fixed elsewhere. Don't let it going by your warranty because you will have to get it fixed.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #17
Site Team

Danno you are right the sky is not falling but our slide floor was. actually forest river worked with us but it has been a long frustrating process. Forest river stands behind their product and we were blessed with a great dealer. All manufacturers have issues. The issues with my Sabre can be seen with any other manufacturer out there. I hate that I had many large issues but I'm happy they have been working to make it right and trying to keep me happy.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #18

Build and quality control issues?.....nah, can't be in the RV industry
Welcome to the insanity!
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #19

Black tank value hard to pull was also a problem for us. We took the value apart and found the O ring seal was half out of grove and getting harder and harder to pull. Put it back together correctly and has worked fine since.
jwakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #20

Our 2014 silverback 29ik has been great. Only issue was the mother board in the furnace went after 10 months while 800 miles from our dealer on a cold week. Locals would not honor the warranty, charged $310 for the repair. Suburban covered about $180 of the cost. Other than that we are very happy with it, just over a year and 4000 miles no warranty issues

2014 Silverback 29 IK
jackandjoanne is offline   Reply With Quote