Old 04-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #1

Angry Kinda knocks the excitement down a notch

We've had 3 new fivers in the past 15 years ... albeit a different brand. We ordered a Silverback 33IK in January. It came in last week, so we went to pick it up. The back exterior wall has about a dozen scratches on it like it was drug across the concrete floor. The cabinetry around the gas/electric refrigerator is very out of square, the island sink cabinet has a dollar bill sized puffy spot in the panneling, the propane tank door opening was cut a bit too large as the frame misses covering the tin skirting, one of the theater seats won't open with the pull handle, and there are a couple of chunks out of the Bear decal right in the middle of the front cap. We drove away saying call us when these issues are resolved, then we'll hand over the money. Is this the Cedar Creek that the rest of you have come to know???

Old 04-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #2

I am disappointed with our 2012 36RE overall. Different things from day one keeping popping up.

I had a 2001RKS for 9 years with no problems other than what I caused.

The good news is CC customer service has stepped up and made things right on the bigger issues.

jwakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #3

"Is this the Cedar Creek that the rest of you have come to know???"

I am with you...
Nothing but problems here, very poor quality.
We are looking.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #4

Sorry to hear about those problems... We have had mostly good luck - no problems on pickup and only 2 problems during the first year... maybe because we bought a unit that was specifically built for a show??? But overall very happy with our rig.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #5

Generally we only had a few very minor issues inside and the dealer fixed them promptly!!!!! As for the exterior.....very careless with excess silicone spilled over the side panels.....BIG LONG DRIPS!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #6

Definitely do not take delivery of that unit. Call Forest River Customer service and tell them personally about the problems and send photo's. they have been helpful for us in the issues we had with our units (all small things but very helpful. we don't leave it to the dealer to handle it, although our dealer has been great with us and fixing things. they even found some of our problems before we took delivery and took it on their own to order parts to fix it. I am a firm believer that until customers stand up and let the main company know that we don't want such bad items then, these units will continue to be made badly
Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #7

getting dis hearted have a 2013 puma toilet pump went bad this week end hose hooking up fresh water to camper that hose was crimped and that sprung a leak don't they check the campers what happen to quality control
Old 04-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
Site Team

Knowing what I know now. Demand a different unit. Tell them you will not accept that unit due to its issues. We saw lots of issues with our Sabre fixed before accepting delivery only to find huge headaches after delivery. Use your wallet as your power now. If necessary call the factory.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:39 PM   #9

I think there has been a general decline in overall quality in the RV industry. You are experiencing this first hand with your unit.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Knowing what I know now. Demand a different unit. Tell them you will not accept that unit due to its issues. We saw lots of issues with our Sabre fixed before accepting delivery only to find huge headaches after delivery. Use your wallet as your power now. If necessary call the factory.
X2. Over size hole in the side wall can not be fixed properly. Who knows if and how many of the other cut outs are over sized.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote