Old 10-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #11

moving recliners

Those recliners can be a chore to move, so hot glue furniture slides to the feet. That will make a world of difference.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #12

My wife wanted the theater seats initially until I reminded her that I move around a lot while in the chair and she would feel every wiggle I make. She immediately agreed with the recliners. They are OK but a bit small for me although plenty comfortable. I agree with another poster who would opt for neither if possible and purchase a pair of quality ones you really like.

I am considering removing/replacing our love seat couch with a pair of recliners. Just have to convince the wife.

Regarding the lack of anyplace to put a drink on the left chair, we acquired a small table that we put next to the chair and somewhat in front of the fridge. Of course, this blocks one of the accesses to the kitchen and you have to move the table to access the fridge. That is why I want to replace the couch with recliners.

I have also look for a way to swap the locations of the sofa and recliners but the narrower slide on the kitchen side won't handle the standard sofa. Still looking at options for this.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:40 AM   #13

We chose the recliners over the theater seating. Make sure you secure them for travel, we had one become airborne on a bad bump in the road and dig a hole in the flooring. We used web strap and pool noodles to secure them. We solved the no drink holder for the left one by using a RV adjustable drink holder, screwed to the slide. I will say that the factory recliners are not very comfortable but they were better than the theater seating.
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 336 TSIK

Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #14

Changed out recliner to power reclining theater seating in previous unit. Had local furniture shop order one through Ashley who built it to our color and fabric choice. In our 2017 had LCI change out manual theater seating to power, a little pricey but love the unlimited levels of adjustments the power option gives you. Power option even has a lock out button on the arm, fur baby discovered she could operate the recliner as well. Unit came with wall away option so does not have to be moved when slide comes in.
Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 72
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #15

Just finished our first trip with the theater seating and found it to be more comfortable than the other factory installed recliners we had in our previous 5er.

That being said, there are better recliners/theater seats on the market.

I liked the power aspect of the seats as well as the center drink console. But I wish the console was also storage, which it is not. Lots of remote controls on todays RVs.

If we had to do it over again, our personal preference would be power seating. But we could go either way between recliner or theater seating.

It all boils down to your personal preference, I guess.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #16

I have two recliners at home that are made in America, they are rocker recliners. They sit really great and I had swivel bottoms installed on them. I had one in the camper and it took up a lot of space but I loved it. It was easy to move around but stretched out it did take up right much space. We have a 32RL, if I had a 36CKTS they would be in the camper. I wish this Cedar Creek would have been bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #17

This is what I got from Laz-y-boy a couple of years ago. It breaks down into 5 pieces without tools so it can go through the door easily. There is storage in the two drawers and that is where our 4 remote controls reside. It is electric and comfortable. We just wish we had gotten cloth material instead of the fake leather stuff.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #18

Alternative: we considered all options as discussed. Decided to keep individual stock recliners. Searched for a year for a "console" to fit between. No luck.
At the RALLY, we spent one day visiting Amish furniture makers. We wound up at "Weavers" again. They host drop dead hand crafted pieces from various Amish family craftsmen who do not have their own sales outlets. HUGE STORE.
Bought several pieces over the years.
Stunning QUALITY. NOT CHEAP.

Bought a smaller style magazine stand with a flat table top which fits in-between recliners perfectly. Was about $300 and gets it done....storage on bottom.

Frustrating search though 😉.

Done. 😁Camper!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Alternative: we considered all options as discussed. Decided to keep individual stock recliners. Searched for a year for a "console" to fit between. No luck.
At the RALLY, we spent one day visiting Amish furniture makers. We wound up at "Weavers" again. They host drop dead hand crafted pieces from various Amish family craftsmen who do not have their own sales outlets. HUGE STORE.
Bought several pieces over the years.
Stunning QUALITY. NOT CHEAP.

Bought a smaller style magazine stand with a flat table top which fits in-between recliners perfectly. Was about $300 and gets it done....storage on bottom.

Frustrating search though ��.

Done. ��Camper!

SilverbackMel,
If you can post a photo and info on where you found the table it would be much appreciated, it sounds like what we need!
Thanks!
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 336 TSIK

Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice View Post
SilverbackMel,
If you can post a photo and info on where you found the table it would be much appreciated, it sounds like what we need!
Thanks!
Will try to post pic tomorrow with dimensions. May take a day or so as we are in Florida with rv visiting grandkids and rolling N to Atlanta all day Sunday.

Tags
heater, power