Old 10-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #1

Lazy boy Power theater seating vs recliners

Purchasing a new Cedar Creek and have the choice between power theater seating or two recliners. Anyone have either or any advice on which is the best way to go. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #2

We got the recliners because we could move them in case kids/grandkids had blowup mattress on floor, etc.

I hate the recliner. Worst recliner I ever sat in. HOWEVER, my wife loves it! Go figure. It has nowhere to rest your heel, and it's too small for 'full growed folks'.

I put in a big-boy recliner for one of them. It is harder to move when we bring slides in (if we ever bring them in again....still in shop); and they have to move to ride back to back. That fixes my sitting issue, but there is nowhere to set a glass if you are sitting in the left one. No table fits between the recliners. We are searching for a solution to that problem.

I have no experience with the theater seating. If they are identical in the core to the recliners, then I wouldn't have cared for them either.

At some point, I will find a proper recliner to sit in that can more easily be moved to travel. There is room for a full sized recliner, not sure why they use these little ones.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #3

In my last two fifth wheels had recliners. Our newest fifth wheel had the theater seating love love them would never go back to recliners again.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
Old 10-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #4

We have had both in previous campers. Like the theater seating which is in our 36ckts. Ours is not the power version, so can't comment on that model.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #5

We have the recliners. Like them for several reasons. They are also rockers, Mom likes that. Light weight easy to move. I'm a big guy and find them very comfortable. If something goes wrong with one we can replace one not the whole unit. They don't appear to be anywhere near the quality of Lazy Boys we have had in the past but time will tell how they hold up. We like them.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #6

We have recliners in our River Stone and like them, yes you need to move them to close the slides also. I did try the theater seats at the Hershey show in a few different units and also liked them, they seemed to recline farther then the recliner ones and all were the power ones, I do like the fact you do not have to move them to close the slides, good luck on your choice.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #7

I have the theater seating and like it, however, I would opt for the recliners. One of my theater recliners has broken (twice) and if it cannot be fixed this time, have to replace the whole thing (first time was the recliner cable broke - part defect and now the spring under the seat has broken). If possible, I would forgo the both and after delivery, go to Lazy Boy and buy two decent recliners - they are guaranteed for life. As for somewhere to sit things go to Amazon and look for recliner chair caddy - you will find one that works for you.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:48 PM   #8

I have a home style Lazy Boy electric theater seat and I'm now waiting for a broken plastic piece of the mechanism. Don't know why they didn't use something more sturdy. Also, you are more likely to see power outages in a campground than in a S&B home and an electric recliner could leave you stuck if you don't have the 9 volt batteries installed. I know, because it happened to me. The whole thing tried to topple over when I climbed out. I'd rather have a mechanically operated recliner. The problem with the 2 separate recliners is that there is no room between the two for a table and, therefore, no place to set a drink.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #9

We have the manual theater seats and we have two cup holders in ours. No problems yet and we are coming up on two years of ownership.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
Old 10-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #10

We had the lazy boy style recliners one of which was irreparably damaged due to faulty hardware. Forest River gave us a theater seat set up to replace the two La-Z-Boy chairs. The second time that we used the theater seating set up, one of the chairs virtually fell apart. I turned it over and examined the hardware / woodwork underpinnings of the chair and was very dismayed to discover that it was put together with substandard wood, glue, and Staples. Where the springs attached to the wooden crosspiece tensioner, the whole wooden piece fell apart and cannot be repaired. Consequently, we are looking for two after market recliner's that are lightweight, movable, and well put together. If anyone has any suggestions as to makes and models, we would appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Renogy Solar Suitcase
Progressive Industries EMS
Sea Eagle 420 Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Jimsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, power