Old 05-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #11

Are you still under warranty? Apart from the time frame in which the dealer operates I'd say that if you're still under warranty just tell them to "git 'er done". My dealer is great for selling but their service department is not quite so hot. Had I not fixed my leaky toilet water supply myself, I would have had to have waited three weeks before he'd take a look at it. I still want to use the trailer for weekends before we go on our road trip in four weeks so I bit the bullet and bought the part I needed and installed it. Actually, it may have been my fault anyway because after de-winterizing, we had a sub-zero cold snap at the start of May which could have split the supply valve. I bought the replacement from a different dealership on my way home from work earlier this week, knowing that I had the weekend to myself to fix it while my DW is away visiting our daughter in Toronto. Just shocked at having to pay $52 for this little sucker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400987545.875101.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	703.5 KB
ID:	53233

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #12
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I had to wait 3-4 weeks for the front windows to come in for replacing leakers. The dealer said the glue crystallized causing leaks...... Good luck at the dealer Hutch.

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #13

I feel you pain. As we took possession of our trailer the service manager told us they had ordered a replacement counter top because ours had developed a crack between the stove and the wall. Expected delivery time from the US 3 - 4 months! He will also need to order a new shower floor because I've found a crack in ours on the side wall near the floor. Plugged it with clear caulk for now but for a new trailer! I shake my head. I thought they had good quality control at Cedar Creek but I'm guessing this was made on a Friday

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 05-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #14

Re the shower leaks.......Was the water that leaked out from the shower only on the bathroom floor OR did it leak directly down into the storage area.....I carpeted the side to side storage area and just noticed that the storage floor area has a large area stained as the result of water.....I am wondering if it is the shower or hot water tank or a water line....We have a new 2014 CC 29RE
Old 05-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #15

Leaks!!

Hi Jim,

Our shower leaked from between the bottom rail of the shower door and the raised lip of the shower floor. It only leaked onto the bathroom floor and only when we took a shower. It did cause a fair amount of water to come through but nothing went any further down beneath the floor (or at least I presume not. If yours is leaking into the basement area of your rig it could be either the supply water or the grey water draining away. Disappointing to see their quality control isn't all it should be nor their build quality either. Mine is fixed for now but the dealer will have to replace the shower floor anyway because I found a small crack in it while I was busy sealing the door frame. For now, that small crack is sealed with some clear caulk

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 05-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #16

Mine is 29 RE too. Would see a puddle of water on bathroom floor only. Kept it dried up with a towel till replaced and fixed. Looked when the shower pan was replaced. No water stains below.

My black tank flush leaks a handful of water after disconnecting the ware source. Between the factory outlet and the one way flow valve I put on even with Teflon tape. Going to change out fitting later. Have hook up with hose and it not leak. But I liked the quick connect fittings.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #17

Water leak????????

Thanks guys for your reply....We were in FL for Jan to mid April and got home end of April......Will have to hook up water supply in DW and check for leaks....Jim
Old 05-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #18

I purchased the extended warranty so the dealer is fixing the window leaks; Hutch I was also surprised at the cost of that valve.... $56.00...... easy to replace, but too much for a little plastic valve.

I'm dropping my trailer on the 13th of Jun for the dealer to replace the counter top in the "V" of my trailer behind the couch, but they're suppose to fix the leak first.
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #19

Leaks!!

I know what you mean about the price of the valve! Small item, big cost. I saw the whole Dometic toilet for sale in a local hardware store for less than $200. It's almost worth buying that and having a complete set of spares. Seeing that you had to pay about the same as me,although I live in Canada doesn't make me feel too bad now. Normally we are getting gouged for stuff like this.

Good luck with the dealer when you get there in a couple of weeks. I take mine in on Saturday but they won't start looking at it till the following Thursday. I need it back before. June 20th because we are heading to WA for a couple of weeks then.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #20

Hopefully you get it back in time....

We're all good now, just enjoying the campground and relaxing. Caught some fish today, going to fry them up tomorrow.

Rainbow and brown trout......

2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak