Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
Global Nomad

LED Ceiling lights

Evidentially, the LED lights in the Cedar Creeks are not up to par. Others have told me they have the same problem as I am having, in that the bulbs burn out. I have had numerous of these lights replaced by Cedar Creek, under what they tell me is a lifetime warranty.

My question is, to help save the light from burning out, is it better to turn them on and leave them on all day, or, do as I do, turn them on and off as I enter and leave the room?
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Not sure there is much you can do to prevent them from burning out other than replace them. Apparently FR had a batch of the lights that used low quality ( cheap) analog that eventually burn out. You might extend the life a little by keeping them as cool as possible so on/off rather than full time on.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

Welcome to the club, got tired of replacing ones from Forest River. Switched to etrailers version and have not had one of theirs burn out. The thing that concerned me more than just burning out, was that the last one that went melted the puck dome and it dripped on the bed. Not good, just my opinion.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #4
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Welcome to the club, got tired of replacing ones from Forest River. Switched to etrailers version and have not had one of theirs burn out. The thing that concerned me more than just burning out, was that the last one that went melted the puck dome and it dripped on the bed. Not good, just my opinion.
Where did you get them, and do they fit in the same space? One thing I like about the originals is the brightness. Are yours the same?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 PM   #5

Etrailer.com, exact same size, same brightness. I put a 5 inch one in the bathroom on the main ceiling, can see in the shower now.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #6

Hi Steve here is a link for a 4.5 Inch LED RV Puck Light Recessed replacement

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5LSVTV..._t3_B00PF6LAF8

This is a link for what FR is using now You can buy with a push button on/off switch in the center or with out switch. They will cover the hole from the recessed lights. I got one from dealer last summer to replace failed light.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ts-143184.html

I have two replacements on hand for this summer when we go up north

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:21 AM   #7
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
Hi Steve here is a link for a 4.5 Inch LED RV Puck Light Recessed replacement

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5LSVTV..._t3_B00PF6LAF8

This is a link for what FR is using now You can buy with a push button on/off switch in the center or with out switch. They will cover the hole from the recessed lights. I got one from dealer last summer to replace failed light.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ts-143184.html

I have two replacements on hand for this summer when we go up north

Hope This Helps Tim
Thank you. As for now, the lights are being replaced free from Cedar Creek. At the last Goshen rally, they gave me some extra lights.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #8

Join the club ... I went thru these at first like Sherman thru Atlanta. The last batch I got from FR has held up for over a year. The ones with the push button on/off switch shot craps the worst.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #9

We had eight lights replaced last summer by FR. on our 2015 5er. Sounds like the problem is going to come back ..........
howellheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #10

I find it very interesting that the LED LIGHT source used the same part number, crs209599, for their newer bigger based lights. The lights that came in our 2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE are no longer available so they expect us to have mismatched lights throughout our coaches. I guess that is one way they get out of the so called LIFE TIME WARRANTY. I've been in contact with the Forest River Inc Owners Assistance person, I'm sure he's tired of hearing from me!!!
I find it very odd, from a configuration control standpoint, that your vin number does nothing to identify the parts that were used to build your unit, and that the suppliers uses the same part numbers for different parts. No wonder customers aren't happy!

Happy Trails-
Sonny and Peggy - Little River - Academy, Texas
2001 F350 7.3L Power Stroke Dually
2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE 5th Wheel
SonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light