Old 08-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #21
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I've had 3 ceiling lights that have the on/off button either fry the wiring up in the ceiling and pop a fuse or melt into the round lenses that snap off the base. The two that melted into the lenses had the circuit board come out of the detents in the base and lay directly on the lenses. The other one got so hot it melted the wire insulation creating a direct short above the light itself. All three instances involve the lights being on for less than an hour.I thought LED's are supposed to run cool and draw less energy?? Measured by a heat gun, mine run over 185 degrees at the circuit board. All Bright Line want's to do is replace the lights at no charge since they say they have a lifetime warranty. I'm kinda scared to leave any light in my fiver on for any length of time. Anyone else have this situation ... I can't believe I'm alone here?

I agree, check the voltage at the led bulb. If it's 12v, PLEASE, contact FR immediately, this sure sounds like they would want to know about it ASAP.

Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #22
Like I said previously I have replaced all of the puck lights in my 36CKTS
Some got hot and melted the lens others just quit giving light.

Rick & Cindy
2015 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 Ford F-350 DRW
2003 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

2015 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2017 XLR Boost 29 QB
2016 Ford F350 DRW
2003 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #23
I have had to replace all 6 of my push button off/on lights in by 2015 CC Silverback 29 RE for this melting/not working problem. Now one of those replacement went bad in about 30 minutes. Dealer has been very good about replacing. I understand they do have a lifetime warranty but it is getting to be a pain just to replace. I will change to some kind of plug second time around.
Williet49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:32 AM   #24
My 2016 doesn't have that issue, I leave the lights on for several hours at a time and no problems like that. Sounds like a bad batch of lights..
Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #25
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Contact Denise Davis at Cedar Creek in Topeka, have the last 6 of your vin no. handy. Photos worth a thousand words works wonders. (260) 593-4000 or email

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 AM   #26
My 2014 34RLSA is over two years old now. Never a problem with any of the LED lights (knock on wood). Only changed one of the incandescent bulbs in one of the hanging lights above the sink.
2014 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA-7
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #27
Mikey ... thanks, I have a different contact in the warranty division that has taken care of me with two batches of replacement lights. They run about the same temperature. I've shot a few different lights with a heat gun in new fivers sitting on a dealer's lot and the circuit boards run @180 degrees as well. All my photos and concerns have been noted with FR and Brite Line (light manufacturer) ... unfortunately to this point no recall is in the works as all the light manufacturer responds with is (they have a life time warranty) and sends out replacements.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote

led, light