Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #1

LED input required..!

I have searched the threads about mounting LED lights to the outside of the unit and loved all the helpful tips and suggestions.

I have found 2 different packages for sale on ebay and wondering if I can get some input from others as to which one is better. The lights look to be the same, and it is the same length. Controller looks different..?!..is it such a big deal..? Here are the two links:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270934999782?...84.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270939580723?...84.m1436.l2649

Also when looking for a 12v source could it not be wired into the light above the door..? Turn on the porch light and whalla..! I am thinking remove the bulb and drill a small hole in the light frame, wire it up, some silicone to stop leaks and......???

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #2

Looks cool even if they are shipped from China/Homg Kong

The module that you plug the strip into has to be mounted some where.
I'd actually add a 12 volt circuit straiaght off the batteries and add a small 3-5 amp fuse in line.
I like the remote and should look cool in different modes.
For $25 its worth a try.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
Owner/Operator

Do a search on awning lights, or go to this thread. Over 100 posts on every aspect of LED Awning Lights. Note the posts regarding the control box, as it is not waterproof.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...hts-23039.html

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #4

Well George I have read that thread. Was looking for more input on the two different listings I posted wondering if anyone has had bought or has one over the other?!?

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #5
Owner/Operator

I purchased the one with the 44 Key Controller. Bench tested it, and works great. Waiting for the new RV to install. For the $3 difference, I'd definitely go with the 44 Key.

One thing I was curious about, was whether when you selected a mode of operation, for example white full brightness, it would return to that setting after power was removed and then reconnected. The one that I have does retain the settings. That way if it's connected to the porch light, it would come back on bright white when the porch light was turned on.

I can't speak for the other controller, and, I only left the power off for about 5 minutes. Don't know if it will retain the setting if it were off for an extended period of time.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote