Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
Lets see your silverback of all ages

We have other threads on other rvs i want to see some silverback pride! I will start. We have a 2011 29rl with plenty of upgrades lets see yours. Click image for larger version

Name:	1558744571052.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	218895Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_131417.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	218896Click image for larger version

Name:	20190615_151357.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	218897Click image for larger version

Name:	20190504_204206.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	218898
__________________

robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
Ok enough of me let see yours. Maby some of those beautiful front living toy haulers.
__________________

robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 849
Hi,

Really happy with my 2014 33RL, seen here at Quartzsite two years ago.

Six hundred watts of solar flat mounted on the roof. No pictures yet with the new Dmax.

Rich Phillips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180120_173857046_HDR.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	218908  
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
Very nice! My move is a step up to a Dmax also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Hi,

Really happy with my 2014 33RL, seen here at Quartzsite two years ago.

Six hundred watts of solar flat mounted on the roof. No pictures yet with the new Dmax.

Rich Phillips
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West St. Paul, Manitoba
Posts: 863
Hereís our 2013. a 29 re. 300 watts solar. Lots of mods. We love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15B7B245-2615-4D64-A1A5-D3E702F477E6.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	629.3 KB
ID:	218954   Click image for larger version

Name:	12090BFC-48D8-4A55-B2AF-A8D014AB3C28.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	218955   Click image for larger version

Name:	0FF8BFD6-107B-49C7-947D-3CA5408956F2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	419.4 KB
ID:	218956  
__________________
Of all the things I've lost in my life the thing I miss the most is my mind!
prairiecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
Beautiful. We dont have solar but we do have a 4 battery bank and an Onan generator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
Hereís our 2013. a 29 re. 300 watts solar. Lots of mods. We love it!
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
Hereís our 2013. a 29 re. 300 watts solar. Lots of mods. We love it!

What types of mods? Always interested how others have made their lives easier. Finished our first summer season in our 35k and looking for ideas
__________________
Carla VE5YAK
wife to David, mom to the 3Ms
2006 Dodge RAM 2500 TRX4 Cummins
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35K
just4u_cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
We have the auto level system and i dont think i would buy one with out now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4u_cara View Post
What types of mods? Always interested how others have made their lives easier. Finished our first summer season in our 35k and looking for ideas
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Villagerjjm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 418
She won’t let me post any pictures.....
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
We will just have to use our imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
She wonít let me post any pictures.....
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Rockinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sodus, NY
Posts: 26
37RTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
We have other threads on other rvs i want to see some silverback pride! I will start. We have a 2011 29rl with plenty of upgrades lets see yours. Attachment 218895Attachment 218896Attachment 218897Attachment 218898
Our toyhauler at the Whiteface Koa this fall.(2019) Hauler is very capable with lots of storage and great front living floor plan. Unlike most, the bath is on the main floor which gives 8 ft of ceiling space in the shower. I added JT strongarms, had to do something to make it mine, and recently a goosebox pinbox as we have several other trailers that are gooseneck. Loving it sofar.

Cowboy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whiteface KOA Fall 2019.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	219290  
__________________

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:19 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West St. Paul, Manitoba
Posts: 863
Ok a little late on my mod reply. Here is what I have done. I have installed
300 watts solar roof mounted with victron mppt controller feeding into 2-6 volt GC FLA batteries. I monitor all DC power with a Trimetric battery monitor. The batteries remain installed all year long, even though out a Manitoba winter with no adverse effects. The only negative in this setup is you have to keep the panels clear of snow, which I do after every snowfall.
I do check the water levels periodically but is only really a concern in the summer when the batteries are being charged and discharged. When I replace the batteries I will go with 6 volt AGM.
I installed a 1000 watt PSW inverter, with 1 circuit to the entertainment system controlled via. 3 way switch. This allows me to power the entertainment system from the CB panel or the PSW inverter with the flip of a switch when boondocking. No cords along the floor!

Our trailer had no USB outlet, so I installed one at the end of the kitchen counter and wired it in through a fuse to the electrical panel which is nearby.

I installed a Progressive industries 50 amp EMS with remote display. I donít believe itís ever had to protect me from erratic AC power, wherever we have camped, thankfully. Just good insurance!

We had a 3000 watt Honda inverter generator before we bought our silverback and it got a little heavy to lift in and out of the front storage. So I created a sliding tray system with the generator mounted on it. To use it I simply slide it out of the storage, Velcro a curtain over the opening to prevent exhaust from entering the storage. Start it and plug in the cord.

And then thereís my cheap version of the JT strong arm. I made two wooden blocks approximately 11 x 11x 5 inches. I used scrap 2x4, 3 pieces side by side then another 3 pieces at right angles on top then 3 more pieces at right angles to second layer.
I place these blocks under each landing leg before unhitching the truck. After the trailer is leveled I use two extendable cargo stay rods ( princess auto) in a criss cross pattern using the block at the bottom and top of landing leg on opposite side.
__________________
Of all the things I've lost in my life the thing I miss the most is my mind!
prairiecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
I also have the goosbox. It is a very nice pin box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
Our toyhauler at the Whiteface Koa this fall.(2019) Hauler is very capable with lots of storage and great front living floor plan. Unlike most, the bath is on the main floor which gives 8 ft of ceiling space in the shower. I added JT strongarms, had to do something to make it mine, and recently a goosebox pinbox as we have several other trailers that are gooseneck. Loving it sofar.

Cowboy
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Rockinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sodus, NY
Posts: 26
goosebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
I also have the goosbox. It is a very nice pin box.
I see that in the last photo. I just installed mine about 2 weeks ago. Got a big surprise when I remove the original, it was no where need the torque spec from either the lci manual or the reese manual. I believe it was less than 75 lb/ft. Done a lot of mechanical work and I know it was not near the 120 in the lippert manual. I kind of wish mine came with the cathedral slide roofs. The toyhauler does not and I have heard none of the new silverbacks do. I always thought that was one of the better slide designs. How long have you been using the goosebox? I havent heard to much negative about them. My original was a plain jane, no frills pin box.

Cowboy
__________________

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:18 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
It was installed the day we bought it. We have had it about 2 years now and love the pair. The only thing with the goosebox is it seems to always need air. That would never stop me from installing one on my next rig. A hand held compressor is an easy fix. I do love the slides also it kind of sets it apart from the crowd. I do however really like that toy hauler set up you have it is one of the ones on our upgrade list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
I see that in the last photo. I just installed mine about 2 weeks ago. Got a big surprise when I remove the original, it was no where need the torque spec from either the lci manual or the reese manual. I believe it was less than 75 lb/ft. Done a lot of mechanical work and I know it was not near the 120 in the lippert manual. I kind of wish mine came with the cathedral slide roofs. The toyhauler does not and I have heard none of the new silverbacks do. I always thought that was one of the better slide designs. How long have you been using the goosebox? I havent heard to much negative about them. My original was a plain jane, no frills pin box.

Cowboy
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Rockinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sodus, NY
Posts: 26
valve on goosebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
It was installed the day we bought it. We have had it about 2 years now and love the pair. The only thing with the goosebox is it seems to always need air. That would never stop me from installing one on my next rig. A hand held compressor is an easy fix. I do love the slides also it kind of sets it apart from the crowd. I do however really like that toy hauler set up you have it is one of the ones on our upgrade list.
I had read that there were some issues with the fill valve letting pressure off the bag when the rig hit bumps. On the new models they have an upgraded valve assemble which is supposed to remedy that for the most part. Havent made a trip with it since it was installed. The valve is available as an upgrade if you were interested. I am kinda on the fence about installing slide toppers. I had to travel from NY to Michigan to get this one, no one in NY had one and only one eastcoast dealer in Mass had one. I had seen the floorplan and looked at other cedar creek models so I bought it without actually seeing it. Not having the cathedral slide ceilings was not a show stopper, we love the rig.
__________________

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
Thanks for the info on the valve update. I will look into it. If all of my slides were flat i would do the covers. I plan to put one on the bedroom slide that one is a normal slide.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 50
Here's our nearly empty site. Closed up late September until early May. View of the marina and River from the deck.

Our site will remain accessible thru the winter months as there are permanent cottages further down the road into the Park.

Next year's project is 2x235W of solar on the shed roofline (we used to solar camp with our previous trailer) and a wind fence at the corner of the deck and bunk house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191116_131756.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	219479   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191116_131417.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	219480  
__________________
Carla VE5YAK
wife to David, mom to the 3Ms
2006 Dodge RAM 2500 TRX4 Cummins
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35K
just4u_cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:16 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
Great set up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4u_cara View Post
Here's our nearly empty site. Closed up late September until early May. View of the marina and River from the deck.

Our site will remain accessible thru the winter months as there are permanent cottages further down the road into the Park.

Next year's project is 2x235W of solar on the shed roofline (we used to solar camp with our previous trailer) and a wind fence at the corner of the deck and bunk house.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,251
This is our silverback sitting comfortable at Fort Wilderness. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191123_214719.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	219878
__________________

robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


×