Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #1

Level-up

I have the Level-up on my 30RL and I really like it, the manual says to try to find level ground to sit up camper. Most places I go do not have level ground, so I fool the dumb system. What I do is measure from the jack pad closer to the ground and then start from there. I put jack pads under all the other jacks to bring every thing up to level, it only takes a minute or two, then hit the auto level. Bingo no tires off the ground, camper nice and level, works like a charm. I keep all the jacks at least 8 inches or more between the jacks and the pads, it works for me. Before I started this sometimes I would have tires off the ground and sometimes camper could not get level, now camper gets level everytime. It may be wrong but it works for me.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have the Level-up on my 30RL and I really like it, the manual says to try to find level ground to sit up camper. Most places I go do not have level ground, so I fool the dumb system. What I do is measure from the jack pad closer to the ground and then start from there. I put jack pads under all the other jacks to bring every thing up to level, it only takes a minute or two, then hit the auto level. Bingo no tires off the ground, camper nice and level, works like a charm. I keep all the jacks at least 8 inches or more between the jacks and the pads, it works for me. Before I started this sometimes I would have tires off the ground and sometimes camper could not get level, now camper gets level everytime. It may be wrong but it works for me.
Well, I don't think you are wrong! Obviously so, since I do exactly the same thing. Even though LCI tech guy told me that having the tires a bit off the ground won't matter, I like having the tires firmly on the ground. I think it adds stability to the camper.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #3

Great suggestion, as I look at my 5th, one set of tires are off the ground!

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition - Loaded
djkarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #4

At one point I would end up with the left side tires as much as 6" off the ground. Even LCI says that is too much. In fact it was during a conversation with the LCI tech guy that he ran me through the "zeroing" procedure on the level-up system. I've got all the steps printed out on a sheet of paper but can't remember them all right now. But after doing that procedure, the systems works very well on a nearly level to level site. If the site is not level, that is where I have to use the jack pads.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
I have & use the day lights out of the level-up. I use the same jack pads regardless of how level the site is or is not. Tires stay on ground here thy belong. I recommend zeroing they system when you return home, this allows a system reset when time is on your side and makes the trailer ready for hat future outting.

Travel safe & enjoy your ride.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

You can raise the 4 rear jacks a notch or two and eliminate the high altitude leveling. The dealer suggested that they come mounted too low from the factory and recommended raising them so I took his advice. Have never had a problem with them and the Creek sits lower making it easier to get up those steps (QuadraStep ).
Old 06-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #7

level up

I too have the level up system on my Crusader, my question is what brand of pad is everyone using? thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

I use 2x10's. I have 6 pads with 3 2x10's screwed together and added plastic handles for toting. I also have 6 singles in case 3 are too much or not enough. I keep them in a plastic laundry basket in the bed of the TV. I also have a set of the plastic interlocking Camco pads left over from pre level up days.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #9

We were at "The Rally" this weekend and had a major slope to the door side AND front and leveled without problems.

Once level the tires were about 6" off the ground - lifted it a little higher and stacked wood under the tires and returned back to level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4183732854.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	33519  
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #10

For our future CC, I have six pieces of 12" sq., 1 1/2" thick cedar boards, stained and ready to go.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote