Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #1

Level up on 2012 Cedar Creek

Went camping this past weekend and had an issue with my level up system. Up to now it has worked flawlessly. It went thru it's usual sequence and ended up about 2.5/3" high on door side of R V. Wheels were actually off the ground. Raised jacks and re-leveled and same results. When we got home leveled up and it was better but still not "dead-on". Are there any calibrations that can be done? Could it have been because 4 jacks were on concrete/asphalt and 2 were on dirt? Terrain was not really that bad. Kinda puzzled. Thanks in advance for any replies or ideas. Steve
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #2

You can recalibrate it by manual leveling it turn key pad off then quickly press the up arrow 10 times and down arrow 10 times it will say auto calibration complete
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Also consider that you don't want to extend the legs that far. I suggest you block the low side. I carried 4 pre made stacks of 3 each 2x10x10's complete with carrying handles for that purpose. Also you might want to check the sensor. Depending on your model, it should be screwed to the bottom of the floor
behind the docking station. It just need to be tight against the deck.

Tip: For manual leveling, chose an average of Bathroom floor, Kitchen floor and counter top. Then adjust for what feels comfortable. After you get it where you want it, stick a couple of bubble levels in an easy to see location from your control panel. Then after you auto level in the future, you can easily correct any error and re calibrate as necessary.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #4

I have a copy from lippert on the system and recalibrating...shoot me your email and I'll try and forward it to you. It is an adobe file and I can't get it to post here.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #5

I take three packs of plastic pads to put under the jacks. When I get the camper in the right spot then I take a tape measure and measure each leg and make every leg level and the hit the level-up, it works like a charm, that dumb level-up system thinks it's on a level pad, no wheels is off the ground. When you get ready to leave the manual says you hit two buttons at once and level-up will go back to where it started at when you pull out from under camper, a waste of time for me, the lever-up never goes back to the exact spot where it was dropped off at. I just turn the system on and if camper has to go up I push the top button and if it has to go down I hit the retract and the the top button again. I like the level-up, sometime when it's real cold the jacks don't come up all the way but I put the level-up in retract and push the button that brings the jacks up
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I take three packs of plastic pads to put under the jacks. When I get the camper in the right spot then I take a tape measure and measure each leg and make every leg level and the hit the level-up, it works like a charm, that dumb level-up system thinks it's on a level pad, no wheels is off the ground. When you get ready to leave the manual says you hit two buttons at once and level-up will go back to where it started at when you pull out from under camper, a waste of time for me, the lever-up never goes back to the exact spot where it was dropped off at. I just turn the system on and if camper has to go up I push the top button and if it has to go down I hit the retract and the the top button again. I like the level-up, sometime when it's real cold the jacks don't come up all the way but I put the level-up in retract and push the button that brings the jacks up
Oh one more thing, now mind you I have not had a flat yet but if you have one with the level-up system you can break the lugs while camper is on ground and then pick up that side with the level-up and change the tire, at least that is what I was told by tech
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #7

This summer I had the problem with the wheels coming off the ground, to the point I flipped the equalizer hanger. Solution use a level to get close to level front to back. Maybe just a tad low in the front then push auto. No problems since. System doesn't like to start nose high, cause it will bring rear up to meet the front. Ergo wheels off ground.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, cedar creek