Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz
i can be inconvenienced to pull forward to back onto another board to save 2000 or more dollars.
It's also inconvenient to have to own a large expensive tow rig to move it but that doesn't stop us does it? If I'm spending 50k+ on a camper adding on 2.5k for a nice leveling system doesn't mean much. It's like ordering a Cadillac with manual windows, do they work, sure but there's a nicer option available.
Fire931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #42
phat phrog stunt crew

thats true fire. another marvel of technology to make life easier to be sure. my point was when that marvel goes south and someone has to go to a dealership for warrenty repair, or heaven forbid out of warrenty repair. i have read enough posts on this forum where some folks have had their rigs tied up for months awaiting repairs. when my version gives up the ghost, i just run down to lowes/home depot/local lumber yard and buy another board. disposal is as easy as the next nights kindling.

but, if we were all the same, the world would be a very boring place.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #43

Lippert Level Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
I've got a quick question about the leveling system that I was hoping someone could answer. We're looking at a Columbus 385BH and it's an option on them. Seems like it would make setting up and tearing down a breeze but here's my only concern. Since it seems as though most people aren't using the old "back up on boards" to get the camper level with this does it have the capabilites to lift the tires totally off the ground it it needs to?

We've been in a few camping spots that are pretty out of level where we needed to back one side of the camper up onto some fairly tall blocks and I would only imagine that if we didn't do that and leveled with this system it would require it to lift to the point where the tires weren't in contact anymore.
If you are referring to the Lippert Auto-Level System, FR and Lippert specifically advise that you must find a site that is generally level. I have the system and have been on some CE/state park sites that don't fit that definition. The issue is the legs overall do not extend down but "X" inches thus if one side is bad out of level it simply doesn't have enough leg length to correct. The simple way to resolve that is simply place some blocking under the side that has the slant issue for the legs/jacks to come down on giving it the ability to self level.

I would not trade my Lippert Level Up for the ole manual pull/back upon blocks for sure. Definatley worth the headache/issue.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote