Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
I have the system on my CC 36RE and we love it. As for the "go back to unhitch level" not working, I will try to explain. I was told this somewhere on this forum as well as from manufacturer. The level of rv at unhitch must be at least level or slightly above level, then press left/right simultaneously and the front will go back to your unhitch height. When unhitching my unit, I make sure I am a hair high in front after unhitching so this function will work. Not sure why this bug was not removed from system prior to marketing product or who came up with the fix, but it has been working for me.
I worked with a Lippert Tech early on when I first got my unit and we determined that if the unit was at a point slightly higher than level coming off the truck it would come back to the original height but if I was at a lower point it would not. I either always simply look at my particular front rear reading before coming out from under the unit and go back to that reading or simply adjust accordingly. I am using a 2011 Chevy 2500 and the unit sits on my truck at some point under the level mark thus the auto returns doesn't seem to work going to a point under level.

I have been on a few hard surface state parks that was way out of level that I would have to put some blocking under one side to get the auto level to work since the legs have a max extend length but I have learned to simply place some blocks under the legs in those situations and it proceeds with its auto level.

I definatley have enjoyed the Auto Level system. No more pulling up on boards, etc.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #32

We purchased a 2011 CC 36RE with the auto level system, it was one of the deciding factors over another model of trailer and ours has the rear jacks as well so 6 in total. Other than the system being reset by the dealer by accident and the auto level now thinking it was level when in reality it wasn't was our only problem. I email Lippert and within a few hours I had a owners manual, spec, wiring diagram, hose diagram, diagnostics and operators manual emailed to me.

Like stated previous I can see how new owners or new users could be confused on the operation and the buttons use. My suggestion like anything high tech is to read and re-read the manual to make yourself clear on the operation of the unit.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #33

I've got a quick question about the leveling system that I was hoping someone could answer. We're looking at a Columbus 385BH and it's an option on them. Seems like it would make setting up and tearing down a breeze but here's my only concern. Since it seems as though most people aren't using the old "back up on boards" to get the camper level with this does it have the capabilites to lift the tires totally off the ground it it needs to?

We've been in a few camping spots that are pretty out of level where we needed to back one side of the camper up onto some fairly tall blocks and I would only imagine that if we didn't do that and leveled with this system it would require it to lift to the point where the tires weren't in contact anymore.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #34

My understanding is that you do not want to use the system to left the tires off the ground. Your first idea would be correct in that you should first drive up on the blocks and then use the jacks to level from there.

The more points you have in contact with the ground the more secure your unit will be and thus less movement. Yes, hooking up and disconnecting is sooooo much easier. My 18 yr old daughter did it for me the last time..!

Hope that helps..!

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff
My understanding is that you do not want to use the system to left the tires off the ground. Your first idea would be correct in that you should first drive up on the blocks and then use the jacks to level from there.

The more points you have in contact with the ground the more secure your unit will be and thus less movement. Yes, hooking up and disconnecting is sooooo much easier. My 18 yr old daughter did it for me the last time..!

Hope that helps..!
Thanks for the input! If I'm still having to pull up onto blocks anyways them I'm not really sure it will be worth it to me versus having the regular landing gear and electric rear jacks.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #36
MC9

The system doesn't care if wheels are off the ground or not.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #37
phat phrog stunt crew

for 2600 to 7000 bucks, i can put up with a wobbly trailer for that kind of money. of course, i am not full timing it or living in it for an extended period of time either. that price buys lots of fuel whether it be gas or diesel.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #38

You CAN lift ALL axles and tires off of the ground. Lippert says no, only because of the liability on their part. The system is fully capable of doing it. Over the last two months I have done, and the Lippert Service Center has done it, many times. Have had some other issues, where we had to lift the entire 5th wheel. The spot we are at now, is far from level and yes, one side is off the ground. You may need to put a couple of blocks under the jack so the ram does not bottom out (you have 21"+ of ram) and I just check the approx. distance it has to go up and have added a couple of pad's to be safe, for the extra height needed. But, hands down!!!! It is the best thing since they put a pocket on a shirt! The choice ends up with you, which you are more comfortable with, having your 5th wheel on jacks or on wheels and boards. Me I'll go with jacks, have not heard of one, much less three going out at once to make the unit drop to the ground, and even if that did happen, it would just go to the tires.

Hope this helps and God bless!
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #39

Thanks guys! That's what I wanted to hear. I understand that the jacks have a travel limit, they all do. I don't mind throwing a big block under the jack to make sure it can lift high enough. What I despise is backing up on one block only to realize I need two. As long as its stable enough then it seems like a great system.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #40
phat phrog stunt crew

i can be inconvenienced to pull forward to back onto another board to save 2000 or more dollars.