Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #1

Level-UP System

I just received our 2011 36RE which we ordered the Lippert Auto Level-UP system. Seems to work great. I have read some reviews on other forums with all their issues of the Auto-Level. Has any CC owners with the Auto Level-Up had any issues. I mainly traded to go to the auto-level system. I sure hope it proves to be as good as it was advertised.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #2

We purchased our 36RD5S in October and had problems the first time out on a trip.
The system would only work manually, so we took it back to the dealer for repair.
The dealer had to replace the computer portion of the unit. All works fine and quick now.

2017 Chevy Silverado High Country
gmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #3

lippert leveling system

Just purchased the Rv in Florida. When we arrived home to WI. the hydraulic system would not work. Forest River sent me a new solinoid which I had a local dealer install. Everthing seems to work fine except " Reconnecting the unit to the tow vehicle". It says to push the "left and right " buttons at the same time. Nothing happens so I wind up bringing the rear jacks up manually the setting the front landing gear jacks up manually to my vehicle height. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is my unit not working properly?
rworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #4

We have not traveled in the trailer since we got the system repaired, so I can not say what is wrong with your methods.
Hope you don't have another flaw in the system.

I sure want to see the system bring my trailer level back to it's hook up level.

2017 Chevy Silverado High Country
gmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #5

Anyone know why they don't offer the level up system in the Silverbacks? I just ordered a 35QB4. The dealer initially said the option costs an extra $2600 to add in Cedar Creeks. Then, he came back and said the option could not be added in the Silverback line of Cedar Creeks.

So, I called the Cedar Creek Customer Service number (260-593-2404) and was told by a lady that the option would cost over 7k so they were not available in the Silverbacks which have a lower entry price than the Cedar Creeks. $7K??? I'm wondering whether this was inacurate, or maybe the Silverbacks have a different frame causing more work? Hmmmmm...

I have three kids age 6, 3 and 20months..., holy cow would this option make life easier!! I'll pay $2600....but for $7k......I'll suck it up!!
carr880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rworz View Post
Just purchased the Rv in Florida. When we arrived home to WI. the hydraulic system would not work. Forest River sent me a new solinoid which I had a local dealer install. Everthing seems to work fine except " Reconnecting the unit to the tow vehicle". It says to push the "left and right " buttons at the same time. Nothing happens so I wind up bringing the rear jacks up manually the setting the front landing gear jacks up manually to my vehicle height. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is my unit not working properly?
We just purchased a new Wildcat 322RK and are on our first trip. We are having the same issue. Pushing the two buttons at the same time just gives me an error message "This feature is disabled". I have been retracting manually.
Oilmaggott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #7

We just purchased a used 2011 36RE. And we are anxious to use the level up, it to is one of the reason for our choice in FW. However our dealer is telling us there is no warranty remaining. We take delivery next Friday. Any suggestions of things we should check before taking delivery bc I have to assume after that, the cost is ours to repair/fix. Trying to also confirm with Forest River if there really is no remaining warranty with the unit since it is a 2011.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrdrtravelers View Post
We just purchased a used 2011 36RE. And we are anxious to use the level up, it to is one of the reason for our choice in FW. However our dealer is telling us there is no warranty remaining. We take delivery next Friday. Any suggestions of things we should check before taking delivery bc I have to assume after that, the cost is ours to repair/fix. Trying to also confirm with Forest River if there really is no remaining warranty with the unit since it is a 2011.
Forest River only gives warranty to the first owner / buyer -

the 2nd buyer assumes responsability and Forest River does not give them any warranty

the manufacture or maker of the Level Up system may give the 2nd owner warranty but you would have to verify that.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #9

From the sounds of it, the Level-up is more trouble than its worth.
Just another fancy gismo to fail and waste more money on fixing.
Leveling the camper is not that big of a job.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus
From the sounds of it, the Level-up is more trouble than its worth.
Just another fancy gismo to fail and waste more money on fixing.
Leveling the camper is not that big of a job.
Actually I am very impressed with the system. I would not own a fifth wheel without it now that I have been using it. I think the only problem is it is so new most RV dealers are not trained on how to use it. On our walkthrough the dealer just told us when we figured out how it worked come back and show. Them. Also a more complete owners manual would help till the dealers are more trained. My trailer didn't even include one, had to pull it up on the Internet.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmaggott View Post
Actually I am very impressed with the system. I would not own a fifth wheel without it now that I have been using it. I think the only problem is it is so new most RV dealers are not trained on how to use it. On our walkthrough the dealer just told us when we figured out how it worked come back and show. Them. Also a more complete owners manual would help till the dealers are more trained. My trailer didn't even include one, had to pull it up on the Internet.
Thanks for the feedback. That eases our minds and helps us with it when take delivery next Friday. The dealer said they make sure everything is in working order before we pick it up. I feel confident we won't take it until all is working properly and to our satisfaction.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #12

What is a 'Level-Up System?'
Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C
What is a 'Level-Up System?'
It is a new six point hydraulic leveling system that automatically levels the unit in under a min. Once down the trailer has no wobble, it is just like it is sitting on a slab.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #14

Any hints/tips on using the system? What do you use to check level? Or does it automatically know level? I'm envisioning it as hydraulic lifts that you have to adjust up/down until you find level. But does the system find level for you?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #15

It is all computer controlled. All you do after un hitching is push a button and watch. The oil level is checked with jacks up. See clear plastic reservoir. Should be almost full. Check out the yutube video. Search for wildcat level up.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #16

Here is the link to the owners manual.
http://www.lippertcomponents.com/Own...pAutomatic.pdf
Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmaggott
Here is the link to the owners manual.
http://www.lippertcomponents.com/Own...pAutomatic.pdf
Awesome! You rock. Thanks so much.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #18

Thanks for the answers everyone ! It sounds like quite a system. Expensive motor coaches have this system. The warning of looking out for the legs as they come down is a good one. A fellow had a starting problem with his coach. A fellow camper went under to give the starter a wack for him. While under the coach the owner for some reason decided he would help my raising the coach with the auto leveller. That leg came down fast and hit the ground right beside the guys head.

I can see someone trying to set a pad under a leg while the operator pushes the level button.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #19

Just wait until someone's child gets killed by one of these things.
Sometimes "convenience" isn't worth the price.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #20

My first experience with the level up was questionable. I followed the directions as stated to raise the 5er back to orignal position by pushing left/right arrows simutanious and keep getting the error message. After talking with Lippert and doing a couple tests we found that if the original position when coming off of the truck was higher than level, the feature works. If when coming off the truck you are at a spot lower than level it will give you the error message. Also I had been under the thought that you shouldn't back under the trailer with all the rear stablizers down. Not true by Lippert. If you get the fail error code simply do the clear entry and raise your front to the point to get back on the trailer then do the auto retract and all the jacks come up. Once I figured out the a,b,c (s) it works great. Their instructions could be more clear no doubt. The dealer surely didn't have a clue.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote