Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #1

leveling system

I have a 2012 Silverback 29 RE. I want to put a leveling system on it and would appreciate any input you would care to give. Will the Lippert 6 point system work on this unit? Do any of you have this system?

Thanks
Bob
bgant4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #2

We do not have a Silverback, but do have a 2009 Cedar Creek 36RD5S. So, I figure our frames are the same. We had the Level-up system installed in Goshen, IN at the Lippert Service Center, August 2012. They did a great job, in at 7:00 AM out by 3:30 PM. Love it, well worth the money spend. The system is very easy to learn, and the people at Lippert are easy to work with, they are just a phone call away. There are of course pro's and con's from different folks and options, but for us, we have not had any con's. It is simply just a lot easier to setup as we travel, we have been in some very un-level sites and it has leveled on the money everytime! Our washer and dryer are in the bedroom up front, I do use a tri-pod on the pin box, also still have the electric rear stabilizer that I use. We do not move, even with the washer running. Again, we love the system.

Hope this helps - God bless!
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #3

I have a 2011 36RE with the 6 point leveling system.

It is absolutely an excellent system and a must!!

I passed over two other units when looking for one just because it only had a 4 point leveling. I would recommend it in a heart beat, it is very easy to use, little confusing at first but that was due to the person explaining it.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgant4 View Post
I have a 2012 Silverback 29 RE. I want to put a leveling system on it and would appreciate any input you would care to give. Will the Lippert 6 point system work on this unit? Do any of you have this system?

Thanks
Bob
Interesting that you should ask that? We just bought a 2013 silverback 29RE and I spoke with a fellow at the forest river factory and I asked him that same question and he said they don't recommend the level up system on the silverbacks as their frames are not designed for the movement of a level up system!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
Interesting that you should ask that? We just bought a 2013 silverback 29RE and I spoke with a fellow at the forest river factory and I asked him that same question and he said they don't recommend the level up system on the silverbacks as their frames are not designed for the movement of a level up system!

That's disappointing... I was considering adding the level up system as an option to a SB RL33.

The Cedar Creek Back to Basics brochure states: There is no difference in construction between Silverback, Cedar Creek and The Cottage. The only differences are in the “goodies!”

Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel Downloads by Forest River

Is there a Cedar Creek technical support email address to request additional information?
sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney View Post
That's disappointing... I was considering adding the level up system as an option to a SB RL33.

The Cedar Creek Back to Basics brochure states: There is no difference in construction between Silverback, Cedar Creek and The Cottage. The only differences are in the “goodies!”

Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel Downloads by Forest River

Is there a Cedar Creek technical support email address to request additional information?
I could never find a customer service link for forest river on their website. However the frame is built by Lippert and so is the 6 pt. level up system and I guess one could try their website. (Lippert Components, Inc.)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Full Timer

There is no difference in construction means they are constructed the same way doesn't mean with the same materials. There is a lot of difference in the two, the frames are different on the two.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
There is no difference in construction means they are constructed the same way doesn't mean with the same materials. There is a lot of difference in the two, the frames are different on the two.
You're probably right.

My first impression from the brochure statement...

"goodies" wouldn't include frames...

But after examining the GVWR specs of the CC and SB... I see there is no common frame between the two models.
sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #9

I called over to Cedar Creek yesterday about the issue because I'm looking at a 29RE (as well as the Columbus 295RL) and they made it sound like it was more of a marketing choice than a product choice. They said because the leveling system adds significant cost, they opted to keep it off the Silverback line to help differentiate between Silverback and Cedar Creek. Makes sense to me, but the pin weight of even the smallest Cedar Creek is more than I want to handle with my 2007.5 Silverado 2500HD D/A.

My current Cruiser has the IntelliJacks system and it works very well for $350 (was included with my Crusier)... Assuming I go the Silverback route, that is probably what I'd end up putting on it. You can read more about it here: RV Leveling Systems for a 5th Wheel RV Trailer or Hitch | IntelliJacks (formerly LevelEase)
gtb75 is offline   Reply With Quote