Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 04:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_Formula_S View Post
When I said plugged in, I was referring to the plug in the back of the panel. My unit is a 2012 model. There is no separate panel for the front jacks (landing gear), all work from the same panel. I was able to find the individual block valves and lock out the one needed to raise my landing gear by turning the screw in the bottom of the block and then opening it again when I tried it later at home. There is no need to pull any wires, just block off the valves.

Elko, Va.
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins High Output
Cedar Creek 36B2
Well you see mine is different. I have a switch in the outside same as when I had the plain drop legs. It's independant from the board. You also would have the old style board if it's a 2012. I would ask Lippert on this for sure. I don't know the change that was made to them. This what I was told by the Lippert installers when they did mine at the Goshen Rally 2014. I asked did I get the new board and they said yes...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:52 AM   #22

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446198763.632458.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	93261

Elko, Va.
Cedar Creek 36B2
340_Formula_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #23

Found this on Lippert manual
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	93335  

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:55 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Found this on Lippert manual
dalford thanks for posting that, I don't have that. I will copy it to my file...

Old 10-31-2015, 05:01 AM   #25

Quote:
Attachment 93261

Elko, Va.
Cedar Creek 36B2
What is that white button to the right, maybe that's the same as mine that only work's the front landing jacks and nothing else? mine is just outside because it was after market and it use to be my power switch for drop leg before. I'll post a picture later of how they installed mine, looks different then yours or maybe not.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
What is that white button to the right, maybe that's the same as mine that only work's the front landing jacks and nothing else? mine is just outside because it was after market and it use to be my power switch for drop leg before. I'll post a picture later of how they installed mine, looks different then yours or maybe not.

That button will work the slides from the outside if you want to.

Elko, Va.
Cedar Creek 36B2
Old 10-31-2015, 06:39 AM   #27

Quote:
That button will work the slides from the outside if you want to.

Elko, Va.
Cedar Creek 36B2
Well that's a nice feature, sometimes I pull to close to things and my wife has to stand there while I'm inside. When I hear pounding I stop. Now I made a stick that I measure with for clearance, some sites are pretty small. Don't need a Ole C@@p moment...

Old 10-31-2015, 09:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
dalford thanks for posting that, I don't have that. I will copy it to my file...
Your welcome. Here is the link to the whole manual...discusses all Lippert slides, jacks brakes and chassis..

http://www.primetimerv.com/download/...nentManual.pdf

Old 10-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #29

Hooked up today and everything is still working just fine.

Elko, Va.
Cedar Creek 36B2
Old 10-31-2015, 11:19 PM   #30

Does anybody leave their hydraulic jacks fully extended (wheels off the ground) during storage? Is this a good practice? If not, why.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
Does anybody leave their hydraulic jacks fully extended (wheels off the ground) during storage? Is this a good practice? If not, why.
I do not, In my drive way depending on how far I pull back, My rear wheel will come off the ground maybe just 2" or so and the other 3 are on the ground. I place a 2x6 under that wheel only to keep the weight on the tire and axle. Even through that ram has a 7000 lb capacity I don't do it because I'm afraid I could twist my frame over time. I was told by Lippert that if I extend one jack to lift the trailer to change a tire to very careful and really not recommended due to a frame twist could happen. They have reinforced my frame with cross beams and gussets at the axles, To help stop any twist at all, but the mechanic that installed the system told me to very carefull and try not to leave the wheels off the ground when not blocked. These light weight frames are awfully easy to twist with 7000 lbs of force. I don't even like having my wheels off the ground when camping I will always use blocks under them. I think it's less pressure on the system.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #32

Did your RV have the level up from the factory or did you have it installed afterward? I've seen a pic on the Cedar Creek website of the wheels off the ground and am wondering if the chassis is beefed up at the factory if they are put on at the factory or if it is a completely diffent chassis from Lippert when they install the level up.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Did your RV have the level up from the factory or did you have it installed afterward? I've seen a pic on the Cedar Creek website of the wheels off the ground and am wondering if the chassis is beefed up at the factory if they are put on at the factory or if it is a completely diffent chassis from Lippert when they install the level up.
No mine was done in 2014, got tired of pulling pins and setting my JT strong arms. The factory had to beef the frame up. They put two cross channels and then the 4x4 gussets. My light weight frame would twist if they didn't do it. They will not do anymore #8289WS after mine. They replaced a pitted ram last year at the rally, and the guy told me that they just refused another guy. They had no idea what they had to weld the frame to so it wouldn't happen. If it twist now they have bought a frame, that's why I had them do it. When it was done they added 500.00 to my bill for welding. I said noway when I bought it at the Rally they gave me a price installed. They should have known the frame was paper thin. So I never got charged, that's why they refuse to do another. Your CC is probably a stronger frame, or they re enforced it already knowing it was getting the level-up system. Your dry weight is probably 3000 more lbs. then mine. I just wished I did it sooner just love that system....

Old 11-02-2015, 06:40 AM   #34

We had our auto level unit give us a similar message once. I hit "enter" to acknowledge the message and went to the manual mode to lift the front jacks. Once they were part way up the "auto retract" worked and we have never had a problem again. It seems there are safety features that prevent operation when the unit senses an operation may be detrimental. Might call the manufacturer and ask them about the situation.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkrun View Post
We had our auto level unit give us a similar message once. I hit "enter" to acknowledge the message and went to the manual mode to lift the front jacks. Once they were part way up the "auto retract" worked and we have never had a problem again. It seems there are safety features that prevent operation when the unit senses an operation may be detrimental. Might call the manufacturer and ask them about the situation.
I agree I would call even through he got it working again. I'm going to try and post a picture of my installation. The way they have it installed I wouldn't beable to over ride with a drill I might have to get an off set battery screw driver to bring the rear rams up or down. This is a very interesting thread...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pics of level up system 003.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	93506  

Old 11-02-2015, 07:40 AM   #36

Picture of whole system install
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pics of level up system 002.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	93507  

Old 11-02-2015, 07:43 AM   #37

Independant front leg drop without using the board to control
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pics of level up system 001.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	93508  

Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkrun View Post

I hit the enter button but it would not clear the code, it sensed the error was still present. My question now is, where do I find the external sensor to check the connection?

Elko, Va.
Cedar Creek 36B2