Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #81

What happens when the coach is at level and you press the "hitch height" button? Should the entire coach lower and return front to learned hitch height?
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:46 PM   #82

I coupled and uncoupled, about six different times, pulling the truck out from under the trailer each time and moving the camper a little bit each time. All but one time, it returned to hitch height as expected. The one time it didn't, I got the code "jacks timed out". I just extended the front jacks a bit more that time. It worked perfectly, extracting the rear jacks and raising the front properly. The auto level and hitch height options are pretty darn slick!
rmcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #83

Million and others:. One quick question??? What is the proper procedure to follow when coach is fully jacked up and you want it to come down to hitch height with back four Jack's retracted.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #84

When I hit "hitch height" it all works automatic. The back four retract and the front goes back to the height required to hitch back up.
I'm heading out Wednesday morning for a trip to GA & SC, so I just tried to put it thru as many paces as I could here, to make sure I'd be OK for the trip.
I'm a newbie ..... but .... I just raise the front of the coach to unload the hitch by hitting the up arrow on the outside panel. Then I pull the truck out and hit auto level. When getting ready to pull out, I only hit hitch height and it retracts the rear four jacks and then raises the front two jacks to put the truck under it. Other than my initial problem of parking it way off level and putting blocks under the high side, it has worked fine. One time it didn't go all the way back to hitch height, giving me a code of "jacks timed out". Then, all i had to do was bump the up arrow to bring the front of coach up to the height to pull my truck onto the hitch.
Packing the rig and getting ready for my first RV camping trip on my "60th Birthday". Hoping all goes well. I've tested everything on it except the water system. Hoping I don't encounter many problems. Getting pretty stoked to test it all out. The rig pulled great bringing it home from the dealership, which was a little over 200 miles. Doubting I've put more than another 1,000 pounds in it.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 AM   #85

Check this out:

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...r_s_Manual.pdf

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #86

I've had trouble with the level up system twice in our two-year-old camper. Both times the unit was on very unlevel ground and I tripped circuit breakers. After resetting the circuit breakers I leveled the unit manually.
PTaylor883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #87

I still think is will be better to set your coach like old times on wheel blocks to semi-level side to side before hitting auto-level.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminz View Post
I still think is will be better to set your coach like old times on wheel blocks to semi-level side to side before hitting auto-level.
That is one way to do it . Just seems to defeat the purpose. We have used auto level on very unlevel spots and never had any problems. I will use more stack'em jack pads on the low side so the ram doesn't have to extend so much, but other than that it works without any interference from me.

I have had the control board lose its mind a time or two, but a hard power reset always fixed it.

Love that level up!!! Don't have to carry around any boards anymore and am set up in half the time.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #89

I had mentioned this once before and I have no experience with the six jack system. I do have experience with raising large equipment (100k). My front jacks are set to lower several degrees to the outside. Not sure about the other four. If your coach is 5-8 degrees off sitting level it would make one jack come down straight and the other jack come down 8-10 degrees out. Once the coach goes up it has to try to shift to one side. Once the pads plant themselves firmly and I can't see them shifting back easily. I feel sure they scuff the grass or stone a lot. IMO
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #90

If you jack up with your coach on very unlevel ground I would think it would put your coach in a position that it could not come back up or down in the exact same spot. The drawing is very crude and certainly not to scale.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminz View Post
If you jack up with your coach on very unlevel ground I would think it would put your coach in a position that it could not come back up or down in the exact same spot. The drawing is very crude and certainly not to scale.

First, you trailer would not level as your drawing shows, there is a limit of degrees that your jacks will time out. You would have to do as was said if your on that unlevel of a pad either block the low side or move to a more level spot, then you won't have a problem. Your front jacks can extend about 27" while the rear can only extend about 18"....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #92

As of this morning we had coach sitting in side driveway and not as of yet taken it out. We got all packed and secured everything. Closed all slides. Turn outside jack controller on and hit hitch level.. immediately the center Jack's retracted, the rear Jack's retracted. I then used arrows to lower front down to hitch height. Perfect... I will calibrate hitch height later.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #93

Enjoy the trip in the new coach!!! We are on the third night in two different parks. So far the auto level and hitch height has worked perfectly. As another person said, I put the small plastic blocks under the jacks on the low side. While doing that, I haven't gotten another "jacks timed out code". Each time something like that has happened (flashing red light on the outside panel), I've been able to go to the inside pad and just hit auto level and it does it's thing!
Have a great trip!!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #94

OK at long last. I picked up the trailer yesterday. They had to replace the rear leveling sensor as someone else stated. the shop did say, that the rear sensor was not mounted properly. They said it was mounted by the axle but should have been mounted nearer the rear bumper so they moved it closer to the rear. Seems to work well now.
theczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #95

Theczar that is good to hear. I just received my new rear sensor hoping this will resolve my issue. Have not had time to bring the 5ver home to tackle. Hoping the under belly panels will cooperate and be easier than I am planning on. Interesting that they moved the sensor back. When I spoke with the manufacture they recommended behind the rear axle. Go figure whatever works best.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote