Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #1

Lippert leveling popping noise?

I have a 2018 Cedar Creek 34RE with this problem. Is this covered under warranty to add the anti-stiction fluid, as per Lippert's notice #0295.
Has this procedure fixed the problem?
Thanks
radio flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio flyer View Post
I have a 2018 Cedar Creek 34RE with this problem. Is this covered under warranty to add the anti-stiction fluid, as per Lippert's notice #0295.
Has this procedure fixed the problem?
Thanks
Yes, eliminated the popping noise in my system. Under warranty, i doubt it. Easy DIY task. Purchase a small hand pump from Harbor Freight, Walmart or auto parts store to remove 1 quart of fluid. Follow Lipperts guidelines on adding the fluid. Occasionally a second quart may be needed if the popping continues.
ionasilverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionasilverback View Post
Yes, eliminated the popping noise in my system. Under warranty, i doubt it. Easy DIY task. Purchase a small hand pump from Harbor Freight, Walmart or auto parts store to remove 1 quart of fluid. Follow Lipperts guidelines on adding the fluid. Occasionally a second quart may be needed if the popping continues.
X2
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #4

Like already mentioned … it's easy peasy to do it your self and not have to mess with a dealer. We're only talking about $15/quart. I used the Torco RFF fork oil sourced at a local motorcycle shop and followed the instructions spelled out by Lippert. It took 1.5 quarts for my hydraulic landing gear cylinders to quit popping.

https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0295.pdf
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #5

It works with most units. In our case we did not get 100% relief, but on someone's advise, Lippert? - don't remember, the final solution was using jack pads. That did solve the situation. Honestly, with us we would have had to sell the RV if we could not stop the pops as we have a noise sensitive dog that went full panic when they occurred. The only reason we HAVE an RV is so we can travel with the dogs, otherwise we would be using a tent.
Sandy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #6

Popping Jacks

Worked for us too, also we have jack pads.

Never have more dogs than you have windows.

rottnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Just added anti stiction fluid and wow, what a change. It's like I'm in a different 5th wheel. I used a turkey baster that I bought for a couple bucks at wally world and it worked great.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #8

Will this fluid help a leveling jack made by Equalizer Systems that has the same problem?
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:16 PM   #9

I'd say try it and see. Equalizer Systems are based in Elkhart, Indiana as is Lippert which has Level Up. They more than likely source their cylinders from the same vendor, just use a different control system.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, noise