Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
Plain Old Member

Loaded Weights on 35QBA - Surprising, in a Good Way

We've been living in our Silverback set up in our shop for a little while now. We've spent all that time loading, organizing, loading cargo trailer etc. I was cringing towards the end looking at how much stuff we had in the camper. Way different when living in it, and including all of the home school stuff. So, before leaving, I emptied all the tanks except enough in the fresh water tank to flush the toilet. Emptied water heater. Propane, only had about 1 tank at 25%. Figured it was easier to put everything we could possibly need, and empty liquid weight until I could weigh it. Finally hit the road to relocate today and took it to the CAT scales. The factory sticker is somewhere around 12,900 and some change dry, with around 2500 CCC. I was pleasantly surprised at these weights.

Pin Weight: 2680
Front Axle: 6080
Rear Axle: 5820
Total Weight: 14,580
Max Gross: 15,500
Difference: 920

We have no need to add any more stuff, but at least I know I'll have no problems when I fill the propane tanks and I can leave the water heater full. I was glad to see I was way under on the 7k limit per axle.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #2

That's good to know. I figure I've got about 3,300 lbs to go before I hit my rear axle capacity (srw), so it looks like I'll have around 600 lbs worth of cushion. Sure miss my dually...

I figure we'd have plenty of room with the axle setup they gave us. I don't know how much you looked around at the other manufactures with competing floor plans to ours, but they all have similar empty weights and are sitting on load range E tires. Not much room to play with when you're loaded up.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Looks good, Big John!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #4
Plain Old Member

I have the truck weights but didn't post them. It's all within the ratings though. I think we looked at everything under the sun before the Silverback. We never quit shopping. I was on the lots just the other day looking / shopping. Usually every time I'm home from work we'll go cruise the lots to keep up with the market. Originally we were all set to purchase a CC 36B4, then they quit making it. We then went around the world with what to do and ended up ordering a heartland gateway. It didn't have quite the CCC that the SB did nor the higher rated tires. I'm very happy that we walked on that one and found what we have now. I would have been maxed out on the Gateway. In a perfect world, I'd have a Leland frame if they still were in existence, and a CCC of 4k at least. I didn't start sweating the weights until we were forced to buy something with lippert stuff. At one point we were even debating buying a toy hauler and converting the back garage to a bunk room. Mainly due to the higher CCC. Wife just didn't want one 43' long with 6 tires.

In the end, I'm happy with what we have, and very happy we got it ALL in there and came in under gross weight.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight