Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2018, 01:50 AM   #41

We sold our Tiffin 42LH and ordered a FR 36ck2. We took delivery in May. We ordered a 2018 but when ours came down the line it was a 2019 with no price increase. We really like it and my wife really enjoys the kitchen set up, especially that LARGE pantry. We loaded it up with a generator, washer & dryer, dishwasher, king bed, third ac/heat pump, second awning, the old fashioned gas/electric water heater, gas range with oven, convection microwave, electric bed room heater, fireplace, dual pane windows,. and deleted all the slide toppers as they were nothing but a pita on our last 2 motorhomes. It spends most of the summer at our lake lot in Ohio and the winter in FL with touring in the spring. Very liveable, more like a home than the MH. The 55 in TV has a GREAT picture and we have very few warranty issues, a lot less than out Tiffin. All and all, for the price it is an exceptionally good RV and we did some very serious research. Toured many factories in the Elkhart area, Tampa Super Show, on line forums and many dealers, and kept coming back to the 36CK2. Love it. Enjoy and have fun.
Webegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbahn View Post
What is so great about the rear cap? Just trying to learn why this is so important

The rear cap makes the camper look great in our opinion. Taking off the rear cap doesn’t increase any storage in the camper. The camper has the same frame, brakes, all it does is save the company money and it’s one less cap to have to replace in case of fading issues. Should I trade next year the first camper I’ll look at is the Cedar Creek 36CK2, we have been treated great by the factory. I can’t say enough about how well we have been taken care of by Cedar Creek. Denise Davis is awesome so is Orvan Fry. It’s great to have someone that can work on my unit like Orvan does. I have had my share of problems like all people that haul a camper down rough roads. I want a rear cap on my next Cedar Creek, what I’m hoping is that Orvan can install one on the 36CK2. The Hathaway and the Champagne are built exactly the same with the exception that the Hathaway has no rear cap. If Orvan can install us a rear cap on a brand new Hathaway then I’ll get another Cedar Creek. There is some options I want on a new camper, dual pane windows, 3 air conditioners, microwave/convection oven. We don’t want the bedroom heater or a dishwasher or a washer/dryer. We want a king bed but we will trade the new bed out, our Trump mattress is the best mattress we have ever slept on. If I can get Orvan to install a cap on a Hathaway I’ll get the Creek if not I’ll get the Cardinal 3350
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
They look nicer, and have a window. Window seems more important than looks, but everyone likes what they like. I think the Vilano doesn't have cap either. I'd be more concerned with what kind of frame, brakes, springs, hydraulics, tires, etc. But that's just me.

Tires; agree. 1 blowout cost me $2300. The other stuff, ? , sounds like a needed punch list [emoji15]. Lippert supplies much of the industry and they throw stuff out there and make repairs later.
In late 2014 we built a Silverback 33rl. Opted against auto leveling because kinks were not worked out. 2015 Rally in Goshen, we witnessed several units very near us with significant leveling system
issues being resolved. Pretty sure new systems are a lot better.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #44

My Cedar Creek 32RL built in 2014 came with the auto leveling system, I haven’t never had any problems with that. It also came with 7,000lb axles and G614 Goodyear tires. The only real trouble is cap fading. A few little problems but nothing compares to other people’s problems
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #45

Loving my 2017 36CK2

I am loving my 2017. I've been living in it since March at three different job sites and I'm kicking myself for not buying a 5er long ago. It's the best place I've lived outside of home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbahn View Post
My husband and I are looking at getting out of our 42' MH and moving into a 36CK2. Am wondering if there is anyone out here that could give me their reviews on this model. Thank you
PokinFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #46

Never really investigated this model before but I see now the floor plan is VERY similar to my Crusader 337qbh. Difference being where you have a rear sofa I have the bunkhouse. The CC bathroom is a bit bigger possibly too. Definitely will have to look at this model if the adult children stop going with us on some trips.
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote