Old 12-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #1

Looking at purchasing a 38RD

We are moving from a 2008 Keystone Everest 345 to a Forest River Cedar Creek 2015 38RD. Was wondering if there are any pointers we should consider before purchasing? We are experience RVers yet want to ensure we have not missed anything. Is Forest River responsive to issues with the coach when they occur? Has anyone purchased the full body paint and are you happy with that? We have been familiar with the Keystone products for 14 years but have no experience with Forest River so just wanting to make sure we pick a viable manufacture that will be around for some time. Comments are appreciated.

ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #2

We basically did the same thing by going from a 2013 Big Sky Montana to a 34rl Cedar Creek. We are convinced the fit and finish is better in the Cedar Creek as is the construction process. In my opinion they use better material and better construction technique. Where I feel they fall a little short is in the glitz dept. Some people may want this and some may not but that is my story --- - ---- -- --. I also feel Cedar Creek could have put a little more storage places and light switches in the living area. (They may have in the larger rigs.) Other than those few personal Rather's I guess I am well satisfied with the Cedar Creek. I will mention however I am a little apprehensive about the tires they put on my 7000lb Axel. They are China made st tires but I think they are still putting the Goodyear LT tires on the larger model coaches so you may luck out. Only time will tell on my tires.
To answer your question about the factory taking care of you I think you will get a resounding yes they are very good at being fair in their response to your needs. I will also say that I have nothing but good to say about Keystone Montana and would not have a problem purchasing from them again. Good Luck and hope to see you down the road one day.......

rvgwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #3

Thanks RVGwen. We had a 2000 Montana before our current model and have been happy with them both. We considered a new 2015 Montana 3910FB but after seeing the quality from Cedar Creek we believe the Montana was behind the curve.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD Crew Cab Z71 4X4
2008 Keystone Everest 345s
Old 12-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #4

We made the switch from Keystone to Forest River back in Sep. A life long Keystone man, moving up from trailers to 5th wheels, we naturally went to look at the Montana when we decided to get a new 5th wheel. After looking at the Montana's at our local dealership, I told the salesman, how disappointed I was at the quality of the line. He actually recommended I look at Grand Design and explained the relationship between Keystone and Grand Design. Long story short, it was at a Grand Design dealership we discovered Cedar Creek. The construction and quality of materials in the CC were unsurpassed in any unit we had seen. After 18 months of researching and looking for our new 5th wheel, we purchased a CC 38FL.

As for after the sale... our dealership and Forest River have been nothing short of outstanding, very responsive to our concerns, customer service driven, I have been impressed with their attitude and truly standing behind their product.

So far, we couldn't be more pleased with our decision.

2014 CC 38FL
2011 GMC 3500 SLT Crew DRW
Papawillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #5

Thanks Papawillie, I have been doing the same over the past 4 months. We concluded the same that the quality in Cedar Creek was above the Montana quality. We went through the same with our Montana dealer with grand design but we had not been impressed. Again thanks for the response.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD Crew Cab Z71 4X4
2008 Keystone Everest 345s