Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 11:27 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
mud yapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
How long is that big thing from nose to tail?

My long box super cab just fits the driveway.



@ Little John

If you want the dually get it, I doubt you will be sorry for one second.
I don't know exactly but over 20 feet long, I have a 40' barn I park it in. Its probably like 22 or 23' long bumper to bumper cause we can park a Ford Fusion behind it and it takes the whole length of the 40 foot barn and its a drive thru barn without barn doors on either end, but they are both out of the sun mostly.
__________________

__________________
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #12
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,659
Also consider if your traveling to see sites at your destination how easy will you be able to park this big dulley. When I bought my new truck this was taken into account and so now instead of a big dulley to park I have a nice 3/4 ton crew cab short box and is it nice to get around in. Later RJD
__________________

__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
I looked at the new Silverado dulley and it was a little long for me. I want to go to Glacier National Park and drive the Going in the sun highway, and it's a little long for that. I know the dulley pulls good but for me I think I will keep the SRW, if I had it to do over I would have kept the 3/4 ton. The 3/4 ton would have pulled my Cedar Creek 32RL just fine


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:32 PM   #14
CCRVOC
 
Ramblin Recks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where ever we are parked
Posts: 516
DRW all the way. Power and stability is awesome. I have no problems as a daily driver, it keeps me out of drive throughs and I park in the back.... Both good things!
__________________
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Also consider if your traveling to see sites at your destination how easy will you be able to park this big dulley. When I bought my new truck this was taken into account and so now instead of a big dulley to park I have a nice 3/4 ton crew cab short box and is it nice to get around in. Later RJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I looked at the new Silverado dulley and it was a little long for me. I want to go to Glacier National Park and drive the Going in the sun highway, and it's a little long for that. I know the dulley pulls good but for me I think I will keep the SRW, if I had it to do over I would have kept the 3/4 ton. The 3/4 ton would have pulled my Cedar Creek 32RL just fine
You both are talking length when that's not a dually problem. A dually is no shorter or longer than an equivalent SRW truck.

Yes, they're wider- but 9 times out of 10, my problem with my truck is its length (crew cab, long bed = 22' truck) and therefore turning radius. Very rarely do I find myself in a situation where the width of the truck is the problem. And, I've had it in all sorts of close quarters- from Rehoboth Beach, DE to Key West, FL.
__________________
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #16
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,659
Sorry to say length is part of the equation. Dulley is longer. It comes with a 8ft box compared to the 6'6 ft box. This is for Chevy don't know about other brands. If you get the extended cab it's a tad bit shorter. I've owned both . Try going to Charleston SC park a dulley on the street and your sticking out in traffic. Lot of Historic type towns can not handle these large vehicles and you park a long ways away from the action. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
mud yapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,162
I can walk exercise good for me. I never try to park close as possible.
__________________
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #18
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Try going to Charleston SC park a dulley on the street and your sticking out in traffic. Lot of Historic type towns can not handle these large vehicles and you park a long ways away from the action.
I generally believe that if I can survive Key West and the various beach towns that I've been to, I can survive any small town in my dually.

I'm about to find out as we have a 60-stop trip planned for the next year+.
__________________
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #19
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post
it keeps me out of drive throughs
Chicken.

MANY drive thrus are doable.

Even many parking garages are, as well.
__________________
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #20
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
05CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Sorry to say length is part of the equation. Dulley is longer. It comes with a 8ft box compared to the 6'6 ft box. This is for Chevy don't know about other brands. If you get the extended cab it's a tad bit shorter. I've owned both . Try going to Charleston SC park a dulley on the street and your sticking out in traffic. Lot of Historic type towns can not handle these large vehicles and you park a long ways away from the action. Later RJD
In his post he said equivalent. I'm happy to say short bed is an option available on both SRW & DRW Ford models. (See sample photo below)

OP, I look at it this way. What am I doing with the truck the most? Parking at a parking lot or towing around the country? For me it's towing so it's a no brainer for comfort, stability, and cargo room/ capacity, it's a full size crew cab dually!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435770900767.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	81832  
__________________

__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
truck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.