Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #41

As others have said, match the truck to your needs - current and anticipated. I've been towing TT and 5rs for 30 years now. Pulled 5rs from Louisiana to Alaska and back with both a Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually and a last trip with a GMC SWB 2500HD 4x4. Greatly prefer the GMC, but loved the Cummins when I had it. Would not have a dually unless there was not SRW unit that could carry the load, in which case I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the dually. My experience with today's 4x4 diesel PU trucks is that if the load is within the specified load capacity of the truck you will have no problem with handling or control.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #42

If your a Redneck with a tractor that cost as much as your house then a 1 Ton 4x4 SRW or dually is what you drive. We don't drive little trucks in Texas. LOL we are Rednecks and proud of it. LOL
No such thing as to much tractor or to much truck!!!
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #43

If something should happen to my Silverado SRW then yes I would get a duelly but I am so close to paying this truck off I just want to feel what it's like to not have a truck payment

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #44

I have a crew cab short bed SRW 3500 GMC with duramax and love it; great all around truck and it pulls my silverback 33RL with ease. That being said, my next truck will be a dually in case my next fifth wheel is larger. I am going to go with a cab and chassis dually chevy/GMC with an aluminum flatbed. The cab and chassis trucks are about 9" narrower than a pickup dually and about 9" wider than a SRW pickup (these are not exact measurements, but you get the idea). IMHO....best of both worlds.
silverbackcdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #45

My 32RL Cedar Creek will be with me for sometime, so the Silverado 3500 SRW will do me. Someday I would like to get a 36CKTS but that's a ways down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck