2nd full year with the 5er... we are not full timing so I always take the time to do the following:
- Have a sticker on the dash with my measured height (not factory specs)
If we don't know the route we are going:
1. Review the route using google maps
2. Check bridge heights using Trucker Maps
3. Run the route using google street view and look for obvious bridge/height issues.
4. GPS (CoPilot) is programmed with our height restrictions
and if we know the route or not:
- Watch every sign along the way when traveling.
and of course: