Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #61
Oklahoma Proud

Thats pretty sweet! Thats how to make the big bucks!!!

oops. forgot to check mark that stupid box again!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Well I put a electric space heater in the basement in the C/C and I may put one in the living room, I can afford a little more on my electric bill. I live in Warsaw,NC and a 20lb tank was $12.50 and had been that price for a long time, the propane guy did not make much money on small tanks, just did it as a service to people that spent more money at his store. It's going to be cold here next week, it may snow or at least I hope so, if it's going to be cold it may as well snow. I love snow cream. The man I buy LP from is not trying to get rich off of me, he is just passing his costs off to me and I don't blame him or anyone for that matter, I blame the weather, IT IS SOOOOOOO COLD!!!!!! I went outside wearing just flipflops on my feet and it sure was cold on my feet. It will not be long before I will be at Myrtle Beach.
Well it snowed here and it sure was cold for a while longer, my propane has did alright but my electric bill may be a little high with the two electric heaters I put in C/C. But hey I got to eat a lot of snow cream, I made about 5 batches and I put some in the freezer for later. This summer when the price goes down a little I will fill up my 100gl tank and have camper ready for next year. We don't get much snow in Warsaw,NC and it don't get too cold here, this was just a odd year

Old 02-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #63

I keep the heat on in my C/C 30RL in the winter, what do you think would be the best to keep the slides in or out. DW says to keep the slides in and that way I don't have as much floor space to heat. Before the propane went up and it got really cold I kept the slides out but when it snowed I pulled the slides in. Propane is still high and of course my money is still short. I am just glad beer has not gone up
Old 02-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #64
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I keep the heat on in my C/C 30RL in the winter, what do you think would be the best to keep the slides in or out. DW says to keep the slides in and that way I don't have as much floor space to heat. Before the propane went up and it got really cold I kept the slides out but when it snowed I pulled the slides in. Propane is still high and of course my money is still short. I am just glad beer has not gone up
Hush on the beer going up- it's high enough now and we don't need to give the brewers another reason to raise it more.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #65
DDC

The big question now is 'will it come back down' now that it is known people will pay whatever they charge for it.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #66

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Hush on the beer going up- it's high enough now and we don't need to give the brewers another reason to raise it more.
It's going up, since all the home owners that use propane are starting to drink...
Old 02-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #67
RKR

I heard yesterday that our very smart politicians are going to launch an investigation on the spike in propane prices....what waste of $$$. It's called supply and demand.

Companies gave a thing called overhead that doesn't change. They make money by selling a product.If there is less product to sell they make less so they need to charge more to pay their overhead. There is also profitability in there somewhere, we do have a free market after all.
I think that's a pretty simple explanation with a broad stroke of a brush. I understand that there is exceptions.
Depending on inventory and usage I would imagine it would probably drop some in the summer.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #68
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
The big question now is 'will it come back down' now that it is known people will pay whatever they charge for it.
You just have to look at today's price of fuel compared to what it was before this so called fuel shortage and embargo came about and there's your answer.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #69
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
It's going up, since all the home owners that use propane are starting to drink...
That's good - Hope it's not true.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #70

Just read in today's TIME magazine that we are competing with sales to Europe, where they get a better price. It says sales to Europe doubled in 2013 over 2012. Also said Midwest farmers used a lot last fall on drying a wetter than usual corn crop.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane