Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #101
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
the tires i got new are 235/80/16 load range is E

the tiers that came on the trailer are 235/85/16
Interesting. I am having problems finding either size in the truck or bus tire section of Tire & Rim Association yearbook.

I do find ST235/85R16 LR-E in Special Trailer section rated at 3,640# @ 80 psi

and I do find an LT235/85R16 LR-E in Light Truck section rated at 3.415# @ 80

Could yo let us know what brand tires and where you found the 235/80R16 LR-E

Thanks
__________________

__________________
.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #102
Senior Member
 
toslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Interesting. I am having problems finding either size in the truck or bus tire section of Tire & Rim Association yearbook.

I do find ST235/85R16 LR-E in Special Trailer section rated at 3,640# @ 80 psi

and I do find an LT235/85R16 LR-E in Light Truck section rated at 3.415# @ 80

Could yo let us know what brand tires and where you found the 235/80R16 LR-E

Thanks
goodyear marathon, i got them from cerka trailer supply in milton ontario


http://www.amazon.com/ST235-GOODYEAR.../dp/B006UH6KGU


these are the tires i bought
__________________

__________________
haven a blast
toslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:44 PM   #103
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
goodyear marathon, i got them from cerka trailer supply in milton ontario

Amazon.com: ST235/80R16 GOODYEAR MARATHON Radial Trailer Tire, Load Range E: Automotive

these are the tires i bought
OK So the tires were not 235/85R16 and 235/80R16 but actually ST235/85R16 LR-E and ST235/80R16 LR-E

It really does make a difference to know what the tire size really is when discussing changing tires and confirming load capacity.

Given this thread topic was LT vs ST and not commercial sizes I think you can understand my confusion.
__________________
.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
toslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
OK So the tires were not 235/85R16 and 235/80R16 but actually ST235/85R16 LR-E and ST235/80R16 LR-E

It really does make a difference to know what the tire size really is when discussing changing tires and confirming load capacity.

Given this thread topic was LT vs ST and not commercial sizes I think you can understand my confusion.
it probably is my fault, i'm sorry if i didn't explain myself clearly. the tires on the trailer now are LT235/85/16 . they are an "all country"

but you being a tireman, do you think i'll be ok with the change?
__________________
haven a blast
toslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #105
Senior Member
 
Blackhat6mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,204
Another recall on China Bombs. Recall notice from NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation. 15T009
NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 15T009
Synopsis : Shandong Jinyu Industrial Co. LTD, (Shandong) is recalling certain Jinyu YS78 and Evergreen ES89 AT tires, size LT225/75R16, manufactured April 1, 2011, to August 31, 2014 (DOT date codes 1611 through 4314). The affected tires may not be able to properly dissipate heat, and as a result, the tire belts may separate. If the tire belts separate, the tire may suddenly lose air, increasing the risk of a crash. The remedy for this recall is still under development. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Shandong customer service at 1-786-521-1296.
__________________

__________________
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.