Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #1

Microwave vent mod for 34RLSA?

Has anyone done a microwave vent modification to their 34RLSA so that the microwave vents to the outside? I have seen a description of this modification on a 36CKTS, and I know that there are some issues you have to be aware of on that model. Just want to see if there is anything to watch out for when cutting the holes for the 34RLSA. Thanks in advance for any info!

Carroll

2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
2011 Ford F250 Superduty Powerstroke
cbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:29 PM   #2

? Are you serious? The microwave for that unit does not have a vent?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #3

Hummnn ... 3 SOB's and current Silverback ... all vented to outside. Anyways, look at the outside of your fiver on a cool Fall morning and you'll see outlines of where the wall studs are in the dew. You'll also have to uncover a flap or reposition the fan housing on the microwave itself to allow it to vent to the outside depending on brand.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #4

Don't worry about cutting a hole in camper, I cut a hole in camper to install my washer/dryer and cut right through a stud. Cedar Creek campers are glued together so cutting a stud is no big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #5

On my microwave the blower blew to the inside, I dropped the microwave and turned the motor around and now it blows outside and I leave the vent flap open. The vent is to high up for me to close the flap.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #6

Sometimes you read a reply and just sit there with a blank look on your face just wondering and wondering and visualizing and ..... then read it again just to be sure.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #7
wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Don't worry about cutting a hole in camper, I cut a hole in camper to install my washer/dryer and cut right through a stud. Cedar Creek campers are glued together so cutting a stud is no big deal

me to, and it were the dot (drill here) was
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #8

There was no dot or X marks the spot

Old 09-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #9

I just measured it twice and then I measured it twice again. My first Cedar Creek had a diagram that you place on the wall behind the microwave and then make the cut. This Cedar Creek did not have anything showing where to cut the hole for the vent where the washer/dryer was going, I think the factory knew If anyone installed a washer/dryer in that closet they would have to cut through a stud to put the vent in. Once I cut the hole I knew it really didn't matter all that much, the way the Cedar Creek is glued together it really doesn't matter if you cut a stud

Old 09-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #10

Microwave vent-a-hood not vented

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I am interested in your subject. I have a 2017 Windjammer 3029W, it's been great so far (about 5,000 miles on it) but the microwave hood just blows air thru a small filter. It is not vented to outside, and I don't see any way it can be modified.

Is there any way this can be fixed? We haven't done much inside cooking so far, but intend to as weather cools. Thanks for any input.
RLMcNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #11

My 33ik had a drill here label right on top of the washer dryer electrical wiring. FR employment does not require the ability to fog a mirror.
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMcNew View Post
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I am interested in your subject. I have a 2017 Windjammer 3029W, it's been great so far (about 5,000 miles on it) but the microwave hood just blows air thru a small filter. It is not vented to outside, and I don't see any way it can be modified.

Is there any way this can be fixed? We haven't done much inside cooking so far, but intend to as weather cools. Thanks for any input.

Microwaves are built so that they can blow inside or outside. If your microwave is not on a wall then I don't know how you would vent it. If the microwave is on a wall then a hole has to be cut. Whirlpool has a website that tells how to turn the blower around. If I can do then anyone can do it. I must admit I'm not very bright

Old 09-29-2016, 06:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMcNew View Post

When you say it blows air thru a small filter what do you mean? Are you talking about the filter under the hood? Does it blow back into the RV at the top of the unit in the front? On the outside of your RV is there a black vent or no vent?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent