Old 09-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #1

Morryde IRS

I have a 2015 Cedar Creek 36ckts and would like to add Morryde IRS.I'm going to stay with drum brakes,currently have 7000 lb axles.Has anyone else have this done that has a 36ckts? Did you stay with 7000 lb or go with the 8000 lb ?

GaryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
I have a 2015 Cedar Creek 36ckts and would like to add Morryde IRS.I'm going to stay with drum brakes,currently have 7000 lb axles.Has anyone else have this done that has a 36ckts? Did you stay with 7000 lb or go with the 8000 lb ?
Don't decide that in advance.

MorRyde weighed my axles when I got there. The reason is, there is NO reason to go to 8,000 lb axles if you don't need to. It makes the ride too stiff.

My axles weighed 5,400 and 6,000 at the time I did it. That's 11,400. So no reason to go to 16,000 lb axles and get a stiff ride. Friend did that, and his stuff bounces inside trailer.

I stuck with 14,000 lb (7K axles x 2) and the ride is unbelievable. Now, I DID have the springs and grommets and such that normally go with 8K axles installed, to beef it up. If my axle weights had justified it, they'd have gone with 8K axles.

My two cents.

But I'd sure suggest you get the disk brakes. Big difference.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #3

When you had this installed did it raise the height of your 5th wheel? Currently mine is 13'5" and sets pretty level.Not sure about disc brakes yet, might add later.Where did they put pump for brakes at? Thanks
Old 09-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #4

The Morryde IS will give you an unbelievable ride while not worrying about bent axels again. they raised my Cedar Creek 2 inches , I would hate to pull a trailer without disc brakes now that I know how effective they are. they did give a 10% discount for work preformed during the winter months which runs thru March I requested the 8K system but was told I didn't need it after showing them my CAT Scale weight ticket I got the 7K
Amateur Radio W5CI 2017 Days Camping 77
2018 Days Camping 44
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
When you had this installed did it raise the height of your 5th wheel? Currently mine is 13'5" and sets pretty level.Not sure about disc brakes yet, might add later.Where did they put pump for brakes at? Thanks
I had the IS installed this past Feb.and went with the 8,000 axles. Couldn't be more pleased with the ride. The front air conditioner is the high point on the 36ckts. Mine was 13'6 before and 13'3 after install. They install a length of tubing to the frame before installing the axles. This raises the rear while lowering the front of the trailer. Also had the disc brakes installed and the pump is mounted in the front storage compartment, behind the black plastic piece.
Here is a pic of the tubing welded to the frame and of the pump location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Suspension.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	216008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brake Cotroller.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	216009  
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
The Morryde IS will give you an unbelievable ride while not worrying about bent axels again. they raised my Cedar Creek 2 inches , I would hate to pull a trailer without disc brakes now that I know how effective they are. they did give a 10% discount for work preformed during the winter months which runs thru March I requested the 8K system but was told I didn't need it after showing them my CAT Scale weight ticket I got the 7K

How much did they charge for the whole thing including the brakes?
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC75 View Post
How much did they charge for the whole thing including the brakes?

For two axles, it runs around 6k for the whole thing - depends on if you need a riser installed to level it, what axles you actually go with, etc.

We have 8k axles on our 36CKTS, but we run pretty heavy, as we're full time. Have yet to have a cabinet come open and stuff fall out.

In my opinion - the disc brakes are a better improvement than the suspension, so don't skip that. The difference in stopping is night and day - the trailer will never push your truck again. I feel like I stop better with the trailer than without, and it makes a huge difference in panic stops!
Old 10-02-2019, 02:37 PM   #8

Thank you. The reservation I have with the brakes is that if something needs repair, I am not sure there are any techs where I may be, that can figure it out. Where do I get the rotors turned, where do I get pads replace, those sort of maintenance things. I am not happy with my stock factory brakes, as they operate as designed, but not very effective during panic stops.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #9

I just set up an appointment to get the Morryde I S with disc brakes installed in the spring
Old 10-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote:
I just set up an appointment to get the Morryde I S with disc brakes installed in the spring
Congrats, you'll love the ride and improved stopping.
P.S. If your appointment is before March 31st, be sure to get the winter discount.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #11

Suspension upgrades

I have a Cardinal 3250 RL (35í rig). Suspension is rough with those ďg-rated tires. I have been looking at the Roadmaster Slipper Springs with JoyriderGas shocks. Both sets approximately $1,400. This system is on YouTube. No maintenance, and has been used on commercial trucks for ages! I donít think the ride is quite as soft as MorRynde IS , but is less expensive and should last longer. It is possible to do it yourself, but alignment is a concern of mine. Reviews are pretty good!
stepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #12

CC75 The disk brakes themselves are no different than about any car, so you could get the rotors turned at any auto parts store. The brake pads can easily be sourced from say ETrailer, Eastern Marine, Pacific Trailers, Amazon as well as caliper seals. I carry an extra set of brake pads for one axle just in case. Assuming the tire and wheel is off ... a 13 mm wrench for 2 bolts and a C Clamp to compress the piston is all you need to replace the pads in my case with Kodiac brakes.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #13

Thank you dieselguy!