Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Camping & Loving it

Moving BR electric plug over sink

Our 2012 Silverback 29RE has a BR sink so tiny I have to wash my hands one at a time (almost), forget washing my face unless I want to mop lots of water off the vanity top.
We want to replace vanity top and move the electric plug from 1 inch above current top to about 4 inches below the top and then add a vessel sink to the new solid surface top. It would also be nice if we could move the fan and vanity light switch about 4 inches higher above the new vanity top. We are being careful with the weight issue. Can we do this with the wiring already present ?
Days camping this year: 44
pjhogsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #2

I added a separate 30A circuit to power an additional electric skillets/toaster and future 2nd A/C... I also added an inverter w/extra outlets & moved some of the original outlets around. When doing so I found that the original wiring was a hot mess with many wires going diagonal with no extra slack.

Therefore, if you are moving an outlet at the end of a circuit closer to the direction of the supply line, then you don't need to rewire it, you'll actually create slack during the move. However, if the outlet is in the middle of the circuit and/or you are moving it away from the source, don't count on there being any extra slack.

I just used some left-over household Romex wiring rated at 15A & it appeared to be better wiring than used by the manufacturer. Also, the outlet boxes & outlets I installed were much better quality. IMO they use the cheapest wiring/boxes/plugs that code will allow...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Camping & Loving it

Thank you

Took a look. Yep- will have to add more wire. Thank you !
pjhogsten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, sink