Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #31

I would look at the corners when the slides are fully extended. Just lift up the carpet and look to see if you can see daylight. I've been in six different rigs and it's the same on any Cedar Creek models that you can see daylight under the carpet at the edges. It's like they got to that part of the design did not follow through. took mine to the dealer and was told they are all like that.. there is not inter seal so when the slide is in your looking at the raw cutout, which looks unfinished..

Old 01-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #32

My SOB brand is the same way. Must be the same slide mechanism. Disappointing to say the least. So much for the touted 4 seasons rating. I ended up crawling underneath and adding some screws to hold the rubber seal tighter. It's amazing what you can find by lifting carpet or snooping around behind drawers and access panels.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:06 PM   #33

Well I understand now about where to look before purchasing my next rig and due dil∑i∑gence in regards to inspection.
Eliminate the rest
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #34

That's the problem with trying to look at say an RV show. On our next purchase we will still look at an RV shows because there's a large assortment of models to look at. But when it comes to the final choices I'll head to the dealer and do some snooping behind the bling. Just ask the sale guy for some free time inside. That's when you can get a good look around.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:35 PM   #35

Amen Brother, I did the same thing told the sales guy I wanted to spend some quality time with the rig, he actually huffed away. The pay off was to find missing Electric Stabilizer jacks $600 (marked On Invoice) Cable reel, missing spare tire carrier, a black water valve that would not function..and to top of the list a an inspection of the roof revealed that the AC shroud crunched (caused when dealer pulled it out of the showroom and hit the overhead door.
2014 Cedar Creek 29IK

Eliminate the rest
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote