Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #1

Moving the tv and the fireplace

I talked to a custom cabinet maker today about making a cabinet for the rear of camper. DW and I talked about it some and I think we decided to take out the couch and put the cabinet there, the couch is on the side next to the frig. I want the tv to rise up from behind the fireplace. Also put in a cabinet in the middle of the kitchen, to hold more pots and pans and two trash cans. That cabinet will be on wheels so when we move camper we can roll the cabinet to where the tv is now and strap it down, plus that cabinet top will be just a little wide so it will be a bar for two. Just got to find out what it will all cost, Camping World said it would take 3 hours to move all the cables, tv will cost about $1300.00. I am sure glad for credit cards, I just have to keep total cost from DW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Spock-Meister,
Does that number include moving the electrical and cables out of the slide to the back of the bus? That's a lot of work in the belly of the beast.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Spock-Meister,
Does that number include moving the electrical and cables out of the slide to the back of the bus? That's a lot of work in the belly of the beast.
I like windows in a camper or a house for that matter. What I plan to do is find out what it will all cost and then decide what to do, I could get a 32RL and that camper would only be one foot longer that the 30RL but would have the windows I like, it comes down to what DW will let me do
Old 05-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

I know, baby 36CKTS in disguise. Just checking.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #5

The 32RL looks good and if I should decide to get one then the cheapest dealer will sell it to me. There is three or four dealers close by
Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
The 32RL looks good and if I should decide to get one then the cheapest dealer will sell it to me. There is three or four dealers close by
When we ordered our 2014 34RLSA the 32RL was not yet available. Like you we were considered about length (and weight). And really liked the 36CKTS... but the added 3' 2" was more than I wanted to try to fit in state and national parks.

The 32RL is very much like a baby 36CKTS except for one thing... the dining room slide being on left side. In most parks the view from the dining room window will be looking directly at the front side of your neighbors camp site. Maybe not a deal breaker for most... but CC's decision to set it up this way surprised me.

Other than that... the 32RL is pretty sweet.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #7

Cedar Creek does not make any bad looking campers, they all look good to me. We may not trade, a lot will depend on DW but I do like the 32RL, I like windows, I also like my 30RL and may end up keeping it. I can cancel my land line and save some money. Just now learning more about smartphone and how I can send pictures and tie my laptop to the phone.