Originally Posted by dmdrj5
The Dimplex in my new 38FL doesn't seem to throw off much heat and the fan only runs at one speed. Are the wires in front of the fan the heating coils? And are they supposed to glow like in a portable heater? My remote only has on and off buttons. I have the thermostat thumbwheel turned all the way up. The ambience of the flames is nice, but I was expecting more heat.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Don't know if I can be of much help but, we lived in California for 55 years then moved to New Mexico where winter is really cold, well, a lot colder than California We have 3 electric fireplaces in the house (we have yet to get a Motor home and it will have a fireplace electric) One is a Dimplex and it puts out a fair amount of heat but, the one we bought from costco a Classic Flame model is wonderful heats the entire master bedroom in fact we can't leave it on at night because it gets too hot.
Then the Mrs said it had stopped working I panicked! I blew it out with compressed air and it started working again wonderfully I think it was full of dust. Anyway I started checking the Internet and they have replacement infared heating elements and they look like they would fit ant fireplace. Check with Dimplex I found my replacement at Electric Fireplace parts.
Good luck and we really love our Electric Fireplaces and I'm sure they would be good in a Motor Home!