Old 07-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #11
Not to scare you Hey Jude. Check the caulking around the surround and the shower pan. My pan had spiderweb cracks after the family stayed a summer and that winter turning on my heel it broke. The guy did a decent job out of Brighton,MI. After a couple of months the water would seep thru. Not hard to dissemble about a dozen screws. Hard to hold the panels by yourself but can be done.

That's why I believe their is no caulking on the top of the surround. It's just really a brace to hold the three panels together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #12
Several things to remember when installing your shower base or wall. Do NOT screw to wall unless you first drill the holes for the wall a bit larger than the screw. If yours is installed with a surrounding molding all the better, then you can use the molding as a clamp. These trailers and fifth wheels torque tremendously when maneuvering and need to flex. If not the plastic will crack at the screws. Can also happen in extreme weather such as we have been having the last few years.

hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote