Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
HeyJude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 124
Need help with 2011 29re

I need to buy a new shower surround and I just got home (29RE is parked at campground), and I didn't know you had to measure for the apron (pan size).
Can anyone measure the pan from the top of the rim to the lowest point on the inside of the pan? I'm sure it isn't much more than 5" but I could be wrong. They come in two sizes 5" and 9", I'd hate to buy the wrong one. I have a guy coming out next week to install it, I was hoping to order it and have it by then.
__________________

__________________
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
arpipeliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Where the camper is
Posts: 590
This is mine in my 29RE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436314626.707341.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	82306


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
HeyJude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
This is mine in my 29RE.

Attachment 82306


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
You rock! Thank you so much!
__________________
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
arpipeliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Where the camper is
Posts: 590
No problem. Had to replace mine so know that feeling.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
I need to buy a new shower surround and I just got home (29RE is parked at campground), and I didn't know you had to measure for the apron (pan size).
Can anyone measure the pan from the top of the rim to the lowest point on the inside of the pan? I'm sure it isn't much more than 5" but I could be wrong. They come in two sizes 5" and 9", I'd hate to buy the wrong one. I have a guy coming out next week to install it, I was hoping to order it and have it by then.
I also have a 29RE...Why did you have to replace the surround....cracked?...How???..J
__________________
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 103
I noticed my new (2016) re has no caulking around the top of the shower when my last unit did. Are all the units like this?
__________________
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 12
Humm, we too had to replace the shower surround, 2010 Silverback RE29. We dropped the rig at the dealer fall 2013 to make repairs cause by a tire that de-laminated. Trailmate was the brand (China Bomb). Picked it up spring 14, checked the repairs and left for the ocean. Upon arriving at the ocean discovered a crack between the screw hole on the pinchy clip that holds the shower head and the top of the shower wall. Caulked it and taped it to get through last year, fixed it this year for almost $800.
Frankly, I thought the pinchy clip was Mickey Mouse solution. The white screw that held the clip rusted. Not a quality solution.
__________________
BeachLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
HeyJude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
I also have a 29RE...Why did you have to replace the surround....cracked?...How???..J
It was already cracked when I bought it. Previous owner said it cracked during the winter cold, I believe him, seems like it happens quite often. I'm buying the surround myself and have a guy that is going to install it for $100 dollars. My husband could probably do it himself, but hurt his back this year and hasn't been able to do much.
__________________
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
HeyJude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLady View Post
Humm, we too had to replace the shower surround, 2010 Silverback RE29. We dropped the rig at the dealer fall 2013 to make repairs cause by a tire that de-laminated. Trailmate was the brand (China Bomb). Picked it up spring 14, checked the repairs and left for the ocean. Upon arriving at the ocean discovered a crack between the screw hole on the pinchy clip that holds the shower head and the top of the shower wall. Caulked it and taped it to get through last year, fixed it this year for almost $800.
Frankly, I thought the pinchy clip was Mickey Mouse solution. The white screw that held the clip rusted. Not a quality solution.
Repair guy that is doing the install says the guys at the dealerships are paid very low wages and don't put the clips in correctly. Ours was screwed down too tight.
__________________
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orange Texas
Posts: 609
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by offduty11 View Post
I noticed my new (2016) re has no caulking around the top of the shower when my last unit did. Are all the units like this?
My 2013 Crusader is not caulked. Neither was my HR Savoy. Top of surround is above the shower head so I see no need.
__________________

__________________

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2011

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.